GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Feeding plants with mains automatic watering systems (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/17453-feeding-plants-mains-automatic-watering-systems.html)

Andrew Lovatt 24-04-2003 11:56 AM

Feeding plants with mains automatic watering systems

Hi,

Does anyone know how you introduce plant food into automatic watering
systems that run straight from the tap? I've read that you can get
separate feed or syphon tanks, but I can't find any products. Can
anyone suggest anything?

Cheers,

Andrew.

M. Tiefert 24-04-2003 08:44 PM

In article , (Andrew Lovatt) wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know how you introduce plant food into automatic watering
systems that run straight from the tap? I've read that you can get
separate feed or syphon tanks, but I can't find any products. Can
anyone suggest anything?

Cheers,

Andrew.

The 'Drip Irrigation Made Easy' catalog at
www.catalogcity.com has
'Add-It' fertilizer dispensers ranging in price from $10 to almost
$2000, and they do ship internationally. That's probably the sort of
thing you need, though you can probably find them some place closer
than the US..

Don't forget to have a good back-flow preventer between the fertilizer
input and the water that you drink! :-)

cheers,

Marj

* * *
Marj Tiefert: http://www.mindspring.com/~mtiefert/
Marj's Mini Mall: http://stores.tiefert.com/
Coleridge shop: http://www.cafeshops.com/coleridgestore
Marjorie's Morning Star: http://newsletter.tiefert.com/
science editing services: http://science.tiefert.com/

Michael Saunby 24-04-2003 08:56 PM

Feeding plants with mains automatic watering systems

"M. Tiefert" wrote in message
. com...
In article ,

(Andrew Lovatt) wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know how you introduce plant food into automatic watering
systems that run straight from the tap? I've read that you can get
separate feed or syphon tanks, but I can't find any products. Can
anyone suggest anything?

Cheers,

Andrew.

The 'Drip Irrigation Made Easy' catalog at
www.catalogcity.com has
'Add-It' fertilizer dispensers ranging in price from $10 to almost
$2000, and they do ship internationally. That's probably the sort of
thing you need, though you can probably find them some place closer
than the US..

Don't forget to have a good back-flow preventer between the fertilizer
input and the water that you drink! :-)

It might also be worth checking if such a system is legal in the UK - it
might not be.

Michael Saunby