GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   compost bin (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/174780-compost-bin.html)

Sheila 19-05-2008 09:17 PM

compost bin

I had to remove my compost bin to a new location as we are having a new
garden shed delivered and the black monstrosity butted up to the old
one...anyway, it was quite dry in there, but had wonderful growth of
potatoes!! found 3 spuds in there, with growth of about a foot coming from
each one. I have removed them, there were a lot of leaves in there, and
twigs, I am going to dampen it down, is there anything else,as well as
newspapers, to make it lovely and crumbly?

thanks.

Emrys Davies 19-05-2008 11:48 PM

compost bin

"Sheila" wrote in message
. ..
I had to remove my compost bin to a new location as we are having a

new
garden shed delivered and the black monstrosity butted up to the old
one...anyway, it was quite dry in there, but had wonderful growth of
potatoes!! found 3 spuds in there, with growth of about a foot coming

from
each one. I have removed them, there were a lot of leaves in there,

and
twigs, I am going to dampen it down, is there anything else,as well as
newspapers, to make it lovely and crumbly?

thanks.

Sheila

This link tells you all you need to know, hopefully.

http://tinyurl.com/32rjey