GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Totally OT - Bay tree problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/174873-re-totally-ot-bay-tree-problem.html)

Mike....[_4_] 21-05-2008 11:39 AM

Totally OT - Bay tree problem

Following up to myrtle

Sorry folks, apart from bay leaves being used in food, this is OT and
should go to urg but I am still having terrible trouble with Usenet
and my software expert isn't coming in to clean up my computer until
next week. (I think my anti virus software has fire-walled Usenet).

I hope perhaps Sacha or Mike will be able to offer a word of advice -
I have two mature bay trees in my garden and one of them has small
white furry spots on its trunk, which wipe off with kitchen paper.
Inside the spots is a small brown mark, which looks like a little grub
but it doesn't move and just 'melts' into the white stuff when smeared
off the tree. I am worried it is some sort of fungus disease. Can
you offer advice please? many thanks in advance.

hmmm, what went wrong there? Could anybody on gardening answer the above
for a poster on food.misc?
--
"Mike....."(not "Mike")
remove clothing to email

beccabunga 22-05-2008 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike....[_4_] (Post 793458)

Sounds like woolly aphid: http://tinyurl.com/2zlx4a