GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant ID please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/174874-plant-id-please.html)

'Mike' 21-05-2008 11:25 AM

Plant ID please

http://www.myalbum.com/Album-T7WR77AZ

Click on pictures to enlarge

Any ideas please?

Mike

--

Philippe Gautier[_2_] 21-05-2008 02:02 PM

Plant ID please

'Mike' wrote:
http://www.myalbum.com/Album-T7WR77AZ

Click on pictures to enlarge

Any ideas please?

Mike

Oxalis articulata ? (see http://www.floralimages.co.uk/poxaliartic.htm)
or another Oxalis species...

Philippe

'Mike' 21-05-2008 04:32 PM

Plant ID please

"Philippe Gautier" wrote in
message ...
'Mike' wrote:
http://www.myalbum.com/Album-T7WR77AZ

Click on pictures to enlarge

Any ideas please?

Mike

Oxalis articulata ? (see http://www.floralimages.co.uk/poxaliartic.htm)
or another Oxalis species...

Philippe

That seems to be it thank you.

Mike

Pam Moore 22-05-2008 05:28 PM

Plant ID please

On Wed, 21 May 2008 13:02:29 GMT, Philippe Gautier
wrote:

'Mike' wrote:
http://www.myalbum.com/Album-T7WR77AZ

Click on pictures to enlarge

Any ideas please?

Mike

Oxalis articulata ? (see http://www.floralimages.co.uk/poxaliartic.htm)
or another Oxalis species...

Philippe

Yes I agree. It is one of my favourite plants, flowering all summer.
My original came from my grandfather's garden, and has been split many
times. It is not, like some oxalis, invasive. It stays where you put
it but the clumps get bigger.
It's called "articulata" because the roots are like vertebrae ,
jointed.

Pam in Bristol

'Mike' 22-05-2008 05:40 PM

Plant ID please

wrote:

'Mike' wrote:
http://www.myalbum.com/Album-T7WR77AZ

Click on pictures to enlarge

Any ideas please?

Mike

Oxalis articulata ? (see http://www.floralimages.co.uk/poxaliartic.htm)
or another Oxalis species...

Philippe

Yes I agree. It is one of my favourite plants, flowering all summer.
My original came from my grandfather's garden, and has been split many
times. It is not, like some oxalis, invasive. It stays where you put
it but the clumps get bigger.
It's called "articulata" because the roots are like vertebrae ,
jointed.

Pam in Bristol

Thanks Pam and Philippe

This is a plant growing on someone's front garden where there is no pavement
hence the double yellow lines :-((

The stupid thing is, that just after I put the picture up, we discovered we
have a clump or two in our own gardens!!!

Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr old age :-(

Best wishes and thanks again

Mike