GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clematis wanted (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/175025-clematis-wanted.html)

Nick Maclaren 25-05-2008 05:20 PM

Clematis wanted

Late-flowering, probably C. viticella or C. x jackmannii, and a
good blue (preferably deep blue), NOT purplish.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Rusty Hinge 26-05-2008 07:34 PM

Clematis wanted

The message

Late-flowering, probably C. viticella or C. x jackmannii, and a
good blue (preferably deep blue), NOT purplish.

Any suggestions?

No, but I have a fondness for those. If you'd like a small purple
lightly-scented one with a yellow centre as well, I'll layer one for
you.

--
Rusty
Men love women, women love children, children love hamsters.

Nick Maclaren 26-05-2008 10:04 PM

Clematis wanted

In article ,
Rusty Hinge writes:

| Late-flowering, probably C. viticella or C. x jackmannii, and a
| good blue (preferably deep blue), NOT purplish.
|
| Any suggestions?
|
| No, but I have a fondness for those. If you'd like a small purple
| lightly-scented one with a yellow centre as well, I'll layer one for
| you.

Thanks very much, but I have rather run out of room for them!
The blue one is a "special order".

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 27-05-2008 08:45 AM

Clematis wanted

In article ,
says...

In article ,
Rusty Hinge writes:

| Late-flowering, probably C. viticella or C. x jackmannii, and a
| good blue (preferably deep blue), NOT purplish.
|
| Any suggestions?
|
| No, but I have a fondness for those. If you'd like a small purple
| lightly-scented one with a yellow centre as well, I'll layer one for
| you.

Thanks very much, but I have rather run out of room for them!
The blue one is a "special order".

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Ascotiensis
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Sacha[_3_] 27-05-2008 09:00 AM

Clematis wanted

On 27/5/08 08:45, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

In article ,

says...

In article ,
Rusty Hinge writes:

| Late-flowering, probably C. viticella or C. x jackmannii, and a
| good blue (preferably deep blue), NOT purplish.
|
| Any suggestions?
|
| No, but I have a fondness for those. If you'd like a small purple
| lightly-scented one with a yellow centre as well, I'll layer one for
| you.

Thanks very much, but I have rather run out of room for them!
The blue one is a "special order".

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Ascotiensis

Charlie, what's the name of that lovely shrubby, scented one I got from you
at Hestercombe? Is it C.quercifolia?
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 27-05-2008 01:18 PM

Clematis wanted

In article ,
says...
On 27/5/08 08:45, in article
,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

In article ,

says...

In article ,
Rusty Hinge writes:

| Late-flowering, probably C. viticella or C. x jackmannii, and a
| good blue (preferably deep blue), NOT purplish.
|
| Any suggestions?
|
| No, but I have a fondness for those. If you'd like a small purple
| lightly-scented one with a yellow centre as well, I'll layer one for
| you.

Thanks very much, but I have rather run out of room for them!
The blue one is a "special order".

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Ascotiensis

Charlie, what's the name of that lovely shrubby, scented one I got from you
at Hestercombe? Is it C.quercifolia?

I don't remember, does C. heracleifolia ring a bell? or maybe C. x
jouiniana praecox (but thats bigger and not so scented)

Sacha[_3_] 27-05-2008 01:23 PM

Clematis wanted

On 27/5/08 13:18, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

In article ,
says...
snip

Charlie, what's the name of that lovely shrubby, scented one I got from you
at Hestercombe? Is it C.quercifolia?

I don't remember, does C. heracleifolia ring a bell? or maybe C. x
jouiniana praecox (but thats bigger and not so scented)

C.heracleifolia is the one. How I could look at the leaves and not remember
that is beyond me! Thanks so much.

Janet Tweedy 27-05-2008 09:55 PM

Clematis wanted

In article , Charlie
Pridham writes

I don't remember, does C. heracleifolia ring a bell? or maybe C. x
jouiniana praecox (but thats bigger and not so scented)

J. Praecox is very energetic! Mine doesn't seem to smell but it does
almost cover a Osmanthus um, delavyii I think, (holly like leaves,
flowers that are scented in late summer)
J. praecox isn't what i would call a memorable plant, it's flowers, or
rather the flowers on mine are quite big but a sort of icy blue to grey
blue and difficult to see at a distance.
Roots really easily though!

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy