Old 24-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Roberto

Default Bye Bye

This group is too large, there is not enough time to read all the messages,
so goodbye to all and I hope that you will resolve the cat problem in the
near future ;-))
Roberto

Old 24-04-2003, 10:44 PM
Bart Bailey

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 21:01:24 +0100, "Roberto"
wrote:

I hope that you will resolve the cat problem in the
near future ;-))

I'm sure they will,
would you like them to send you the pelt? ;-)

Bart
Old 24-04-2003, 11:20 PM
Victor West

"Roberto" wrote in message
This group is too large, there is not enough time to read all the

messages,
so goodbye to all and I hope that you will resolve the cat problem in the
near future ;-))
Roberto

Err?? Why not just read fewer messages?
Seems a bit daft not to read any. You might miss something
important/interesting.

Victor

Old 25-04-2003, 01:21 AM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Roberto" contains these words:

This group is too large, there is not enough time to read all the messages,

Do you read every single article in your daily newspaper? Or do you
select whichever headlines/authors/topics interest you?

Big is beautiful where usenet is concerned. We're lucky in this group
to have such a wide range of posts that it's always possible to find
some worth reading. Boorish topics and posters can be automatically
filtered out by software, or left unopened.

Janet.

Old 25-04-2003, 01:44 PM
VivienB

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 23:10:12 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from "Roberto" contains these words:

This group is too large, there is not enough time to read all the messages,

Do you read every single article in your daily newspaper? Or do you
select whichever headlines/authors/topics interest you?

Big is beautiful where usenet is concerned. We're lucky in this group
to have such a wide range of posts that it's always possible to find
some worth reading. Boorish topics and posters can be automatically
filtered out by software, or left unopened.

Janet.

He's using Outlook Express, not a proper newsreader - perhaps it isn't
possible to filter out what he doesn't want?

Regards, VivienB

Old 25-04-2003, 02:20 PM
Charlie

OE is easy enough to filter out what you don't want, and it's easier to use
than most Newsreaders (IMHO).

Charlie.

wrote:

The message
from "Roberto" contains these words:

This group is too large, there is not enough time to read all the

messages,

Do you read every single article in your daily newspaper? Or do you
select whichever headlines/authors/topics interest you?

Big is beautiful where usenet is concerned. We're lucky in this group
to have such a wide range of posts that it's always possible to find
some worth reading. Boorish topics and posters can be automatically
filtered out by software, or left unopened.

Janet.

He's using Outlook Express, not a proper newsreader - perhaps it isn't
possible to filter out what he doesn't want?

Regards, VivienB

---

Old 25-04-2003, 02:45 PM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Charlie
writes
OE is easy enough to filter out what you don't want, and it's easier to
use than most Newsreaders (IMHO).

Charlie.

"VivienB" wrote in message
.. .

can it also enable one to post at the bottom in line with usenet
conventions??

--
dave @ stejonda
Old 25-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Charlie

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message

can it also enable one to post at the bottom in line with usenet
conventions??

I'd say so, I just prefer not to. =D

There aren't any newsreader I know that begin reading at the bottom of the
message!

Charlie.

---

Old 25-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Fenny

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard Charlie say...

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message

can it also enable one to post at the bottom in line with usenet
conventions??

I'd say so, I just prefer not to. =D

There aren't any newsreader I know that begin reading at the bottom of the
message!

There don't need to be. Judicious use of snipping when replying means
that the entire message, in the correct order, is displayed on the
screen. I automatically scroll to the bottom of long posts and then
wonder why nothing has been added at the bottom.
--
Fenny
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will ****
Old 25-04-2003, 07:20 PM
dave @ stejonda

!taht rof dog knaht

!egassem
fo mottob eht ta gnifaer nigeb taht wonk I redaerswen yna t'nera erehT

??snoitnevnoc
tenesu htiw enil ni mottob eht ta tsop ot eno elbane osla ti nac

pins

--
dave @ stejonda

Old 26-04-2003, 02:20 AM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Charlie" contains these words:

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message

can it also enable one to post at the bottom in line with usenet
conventions??

I'd say so, I just prefer not to. =D

There aren't any newsreader I know that begin reading at the bottom of the
message!

It's your choice, but you'll find that the posters who are here for
the gardening chat, and want to be understood in multiple-poster
conversations, use bottom posting so that other readers can make sense
of the thread and join in it.

Most regulars here make an effort to include new posters by replying to
them however awkwardly their message is presented, but eventually stop
bothering if a top poster makes no effort to learn how to help group
conversations flow logically and economically for everyone's benefit.

Janet.

Old 26-04-2003, 07:44 PM
Little Badger

I agree Charlie! As long as it's on topic who cares?

Badger (Top posting)

Old 26-04-2003, 09:58 PM
Alan Holmes

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message
In message , Charlie
writes
OE is easy enough to filter out what you don't want, and it's easier to
use than most Newsreaders (IMHO).

Charlie.

"VivienB" wrote in message
.. .

can it also enable one to post at the bottom in line with usenet
conventions??

Yes.

Alan

--
dave @ stejonda

Old 27-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Charlie" contains these words:

Boy, you're gonna get flamed now! =D

He's not likely to get any reaction at all from those who don't bother
reading persistent top-posters.

Janet

Chelsea 2014, bye bye Alan T. Jeff[_20_] United Kingdom 14 13-11-2013 04:47 PM
Bye, Bye International rates! Now you can call abroad for the priceof a UK call! APNADIAL United Kingdom 0 29-07-2009 06:48 PM
Bye bye Jim Webster Broadback United Kingdom 2 07-06-2007 05:21 PM
Bye Bye Irises Jack Gardening 2 29-10-2006 03:58 PM
Bye Bye Hansa (etc.) Shiva Roses 18 20-03-2003 08:56 PM