GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Black fly (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/175487-black-fly.html)

Wally[_3_] 03-06-2008 10:38 AM

Black fly

Found some black fly on my broad beans so
sprayed with Fairy liquid in water.
A couple of days latter, black fly gone or dead
but the leaves on the plants have gone black.

Did I have the mixture too strong and will the
plants be harmed.??

Wally

Alison Rolfe 04-06-2008 09:31 AM

Black fly

This has happened on my roses too. I've killed the aphids but the leaves on
the plant have gone black.

Is this usual? Perhaps we did have the mixture too strong too.

K 04-06-2008 10:29 AM

Black fly

Alison Rolfe writes
This has happened on my roses too. I've killed the aphids but the
leaves on the plant have gone black.

Is this usual? Perhaps we did have the mixture too strong too.

The blackfly cause damage o the leaves which will turn them black if
their are sufficient blackfly

--
Kay