GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What veggies can I sow in July? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/175573-what-veggies-can-i-sow-july.html)

Peter Pie Eater 06-06-2008 01:37 PM

What veggies can I sow in July?

I'm getting a house with a garden at the beginning of July and I want to
kick off growing as many vegetables as I can. I realise I'll be too
late for most of the sowing season, but what types of things will I
still be able to plant.

I gather I'll be fine for the quick growing salad crops
(lettuces/raddish). I hear July is also good for carrots. Can anyone
recommend some other crops. Are there any varieties of cabbage that I
can sow this late on?

Robert \(Plymouth\)[_182_] 06-06-2008 02:08 PM

"Peter Pie Eater" wrote in message
I'm getting a house with a garden at the beginning of July and I want to
kick off growing as many vegetables as I can. I realise I'll be too late
for most of the sowing season, but what types of things will I still be
able to plant.

I gather I'll be fine for the quick growing salad crops
(lettuces/raddish). I hear July is also good for carrots. Can anyone
recommend some other crops. Are there any varieties of cabbage that I can
sow this late on?

Yes ,wintergreen and greyhound and in August any of the spring cabbage.
White turnip and beetroot.