GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   gunnera (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/175604-gunnera.html)

janzdog56 07-06-2008 03:50 PM

gunnera

here i stand shovel in hand awaiting a reply from my first ever post please help someone out there must know how big my gunnera will grow i want to leave enough room all round it to get to fence but dont want it too far out

Christina Websell 07-06-2008 08:49 PM

gunnera

"janzdog56" wrote in message

here i stand shovel in hand awaiting a reply from my first ever post
please help someone out there must know how big my gunnera will grow i
want to leave enough room all round it to get to fence but dont want it
too far out

You got a reply to your original post, didn't you see it?
I'm afraid I can't help you myself as I don't have any, I think it looks
like awfully big rhubarb and cannot see anything attractive about it,
sorry..

Tony 07-06-2008 10:09 PM

gunnera

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"janzdog56" wrote in message

here i stand shovel in hand awaiting a reply from my first ever post
please help someone out there must know how big my gunnera will grow i
want to leave enough room all round it to get to fence but dont want it
too far out

You got a reply to your original post, didn't you see it?
I'm afraid I can't help you myself as I don't have any, I think it looks
like awfully big rhubarb and cannot see anything attractive about it,
sorry..

Just googled it as not seen one before , looking at the size some grow hope
you have a big garden. Looks like a lot of effort for a boring looking plant
..
But each to there own

beccabunga 08-06-2008 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janzdog56 (Post 796900)
here i stand shovel in hand awaiting a reply from my first ever post please help someone out there must know how big my gunnera will grow i want to leave enough room all round it to get to fence but dont want it too far out

Which Gunnera is it?

manicata will go to 15 feet across [and more if it is really happy]; tinctoria to about 8 feet.