GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   transplanted winter flowering jasmine. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/175641-transplanted-winter-flowering-jasmine.html)

Sheila 07-06-2008 10:32 PM

transplanted winter flowering jasmine.

Hi,

I had to transplant a 6yr old jasmine last week, it was about 5/6ft tall,
altogether, I have placed it at the foot of our new arch in the garden, and
it looks more dead than alive, what do I do, leave it and see if it
recovers, or dig it up, the leaves are all small and turned in, not very
happy at all... I wasn't able to get a good root ball, it was dry roots
that went in, well, well watered, the first few days I thought, oh great,
but now not so sure...... I have to do the same tomorrow with a rambling
rose, that I grew myself from a cutting from the mother plant, I'll try to
get a root ball this time.

Opinions please!! (try to make me happy.....)

Sheila 08-06-2008 09:17 PM

transplanted winter flowering jasmine.

"Sheila" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,

I had to transplant a 6yr old jasmine last week, it was about 5/6ft tall,
altogether, I have placed it at the foot of our new arch in the garden,
and it looks more dead than alive, what do I do, leave it and see if it
recovers, or dig it up, the leaves are all small and turned in, not very
happy at all... I wasn't able to get a good root ball, it was dry roots
that went in, well, well watered, the first few days I thought, oh great,
but now not so sure...... I have to do the same tomorrow with a rambling
rose, that I grew myself from a cutting from the mother plant, I'll try to
get a root ball this time.

Opinions please!! (try to make me happy.....)

I think it has died......

beccabunga 08-06-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheila (Post 797025)
Hi,

I had to transplant a 6yr old jasmine last week, it was about 5/6ft tall,
altogether, I have placed it at the foot of our new arch in the garden, and
it looks more dead than alive, what do I do, leave it and see if it
recovers, or dig it up, the leaves are all small and turned in, not very
happy at all... I wasn't able to get a good root ball, it was dry roots
that went in, well, well watered, the first few days I thought, oh great,
but now not so sure...... I have to do the same tomorrow with a rambling
rose, that I grew myself from a cutting from the mother plant, I'll try to
get a root ball this time.

Opinions please!! (try to make me happy.....)

Did you cut it back when you moved it? If there is not a good root ball, you need to reduce the top growth. I would cut it back hard, water well, mulch, and water little and daily.

As to the rose, can you leave that till it has finished flowering?

Rusty Hinge 2 09-06-2008 11:33 PM

transplanted winter flowering jasmine.

The message
from "Sheila" contains these words:

"Sheila" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,

I had to transplant a 6yr old jasmine last week, it was about 5/6ft tall,
altogether, I have placed it at the foot of our new arch in the garden,
and it looks more dead than alive, what do I do, leave it and see if it
recovers, or dig it up, the leaves are all small and turned in, not very
happy at all... I wasn't able to get a good root ball, it was dry
roots
that went in, well, well watered, the first few days I thought, oh great,
but now not so sure...... I have to do the same tomorrow with a rambling
rose, that I grew myself from a cutting from the mother plant, I'll
try to
get a root ball this time.

Opinions please!! (try to make me happy.....)

I think it has died......

It'll take more than that to kill winter-flowering jasmine.

Just cut it down to about three inches of the ground and give it lots of
water.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig