Old 13-06-2008, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default hand push mower repair?

Hi,
a quick question: I have this oldish hand push mower in a relatively bad
shape: quite rusted all over and the blade is very blunt. Any idea how
much it would cost to have it serviced and blade sharpen?
It's a "Ginge", supposedly a good make, but I cannot really remember how
much I paid for it 6 years ago.
I guess the question is: will it be more expensive than buying a new
one? I see a Qualcast Panther 30 in Argos for £30 and even though I hate
wasting, I don't really want to pay more than this...

Thanks!

Philippe
Old 13-06-2008, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sam Sam is offline

Philippe Gautier wrote:
Hi,
a quick question: I have this oldish hand push mower in a relatively bad
shape: quite rusted all over and the blade is very blunt. Any idea how
much it would cost to have it serviced and blade sharpen?
It's a "Ginge", supposedly a good make, but I cannot really remember how
much I paid for it 6 years ago.
I guess the question is: will it be more expensive than buying a new
one? I see a Qualcast Panther 30 in Argos for £30 and even though I hate
wasting, I don't really want to pay more than this...

Thanks!

Philippe

Try eBay,Phillipe.They've got loads,and if
you are patient and bid you could get a bargain
at auction.
That's how I got mine,a Qualcast Eclipse 320
still in manufacturer's sealed wrapping for under fifty quid.
Sam.
Old 16-06-2008, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

sam wrote:
Philippe Gautier wrote:
[...]

Thanks, in the end, I went for a new one. It had to be hand pushed (no
access to electricity and pretty small lawn).