GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clematis question for Charlie (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/175923-clematis-question-charlie.html)

Sacha[_3_] 15-06-2008 12:20 AM

Clematis question for Charlie

Do you know of a repeat flowering Clematis, preferably white? I know
Raymond Evison has bred some repeat flowerers but they're low growers and
I'm looking for something 'normal' in growth terms.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 15-06-2008 08:43 AM

Clematis question for Charlie

In article ,
says...
Do you know of a repeat flowering Clematis, preferably white? I know
Raymond Evison has bred some repeat flowerers but they're low growers and
I'm looking for something 'normal' in growth terms.

Big or small flowers? Big flowers marie Boisselot May to September but
never many at once. small flowers Alba Luxurians, white magic, kathyrn
Chapman, all July to September and huldine August to November
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Sacha[_3_] 15-06-2008 08:47 AM

Clematis question for Charlie

On 15/6/08 08:43, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

In article ,
says...
Do you know of a repeat flowering Clematis, preferably white? I know
Raymond Evison has bred some repeat flowerers but they're low growers and
I'm looking for something 'normal' in growth terms.

Big or small flowers? Big flowers marie Boisselot May to September but
never many at once. small flowers Alba Luxurians, white magic, kathyrn
Chapman, all July to September and huldine August to November

Thanks, Charlie. Big flowers was what was asked for and I did wonder about
Marie Boisselot, so I'm quite proud of myself for guessing that one! I
haven't heard of the others but imagine you have them?