GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   rubus spectabilis olympic double (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/176101-rubus-spectabilis-olympic-double.html)

Pam Moore 19-06-2008 10:31 PM

rubus spectabilis olympic double

rubus spectabilis olympic double.
Does anyone grow this? I saw it at an open garden on Saturday, with
ripening berries and the owner raved about the beautiful flowers.
Before tracking it down further, can anyone tell me;
1) Is it invasive
2) Are the berries worth eating? I tried one but it wasn't ripe. The
owner had never eaten them, and was aghast that I ate it!!

Pam in Bristol

Nick Maclaren 19-06-2008 10:50 PM

rubus spectabilis olympic double

In article ,
Pam Moore writes:
| rubus spectabilis olympic double.
| Does anyone grow this? I saw it at an open garden on Saturday, with
| ripening berries and the owner raved about the beautiful flowers.
| Before tracking it down further, can anyone tell me;
| 1) Is it invasive

I haven't heard of it being so, and Bean implies not.

| 2) Are the berries worth eating? I tried one but it wasn't ripe. The
| owner had never eaten them, and was aghast that I ate it!!

Bean implies that they aren't exciting, but not distasteful.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.