GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mildew on gooseberries (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/176223-mildew-gooseberries.html)

Rhiannon Miller 23-06-2008 03:47 PM

Mildew on gooseberries

For the second year running, I appear to be losing my entire
gooseberry crop to mildew. As the berries grow, they get
covered in the stuff, even though no other part of the plant
is affected. I have a Whinham's Industry (worst affected)
and an Invicta. Is there anything I can do about this,
other than taking the plants out and putting in more
resistant varieties?

Rhiannon

--
I'm using an evaluation license of nemo since 76 days.
You should really try it!

K 23-06-2008 08:34 PM

Mildew on gooseberries

Rhiannon Miller writes
For the second year running, I appear to be losing my entire
gooseberry crop to mildew. As the berries grow, they get
covered in the stuff, even though no other part of the plant
is affected. I have a Whinham's Industry (worst affected)
and an Invicta. Is there anything I can do about this,
other than taking the plants out and putting in more
resistant varieties?

Prune to keep the bush open and not overcrowded. But it was a rubbish
summer last year, and this year looks like going the same way. Next year
may be better.
--
Kay