GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Monsoon season? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/176336-monsoon-season.html)

mogga 26-06-2008 06:25 PM

Monsoon season?

Is this British Monsoon season or just Oldham monsoons?
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

Robert \(Plymouth\)[_195_] 26-06-2008 07:24 PM

Monsoon season?

"mogga" wrote in message
Is this British Monsoon season or just Oldham monsoons?
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

Fine and dry here but clouded over now with a stronger wind blowing from the
west.

--
Rowdens Reservoir Allotments Association
www.rraa.moonfruit.com

Stewart Robert Hinsley 26-06-2008 07:59 PM

Monsoon season?

In message , mogga
writes
Is this British Monsoon season or just Oldham monsoons?

I think the forecast was Carlisle to Cannock.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Bob Hobden 26-06-2008 08:07 PM

Monsoon season?

"mogga" wrote ...
Is this British Monsoon season or just Oldham monsoons?

Only one night when it rained for the last two weeks, a bit of drizzle one
day but it didn't even wet the ground.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Astral Voyager 26-06-2008 09:47 PM

Monsoon season?

"mogga" wrote:

Is this British Monsoon season or just Oldham monsoons?

I don't know but whoever has all the heads off my roses... Can I have them
back please?

--
http://www.ebid.net
Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy

Bob Hobden 26-06-2008 10:55 PM

Monsoon season?

"Astral Voyager" wrote after
"mogga" wrote:

Is this British Monsoon season or just Oldham monsoons?

I don't know but whoever has all the heads off my roses... Can I have them
back please?

I had a neighbour call this afternoon to say she had seen a Deer in her back
garden, from the photo taken it looks like a Reeves Muntjack. Perhaps you
also have one in or around your garden eating your roses.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Astral Voyager 28-06-2008 06:53 PM

Monsoon season?

"VivienB" wrote:

Is this British Monsoon season or just Oldham monsoons?

I don't know but whoever has all the heads off my roses... Can I have them
back please?

Roe deer takes the buds and young leaves off roses...

No. It is simply the weather. A little bit of sunshine tempts to roses to
flower. This is closely followed by wind and rain. The last I tend to see of
my blooms is as they vanish over the back fence.

Mel