GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Can someone tell me what's eating these plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/176368-can-someone-tell-me-whats-eating-these-plants.html)

Steven Wayne[_2_] 27-06-2008 10:41 PM

Can someone tell me what's eating these plants

Something gets its teeth into these leaves but I've never seen what.

http://www.baldman.eclipse.co.uk/Bites/page.html

Thanks,
Steven

Bob Hobden 27-06-2008 11:05 PM

Can someone tell me what's eating these plants

"Steven Wayne" wrote

Vine Weevil... http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile...vineweevil.asp

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Janet Tweedy 28-06-2008 01:22 AM

Can someone tell me what's eating these plants

In article , Bob Hobden
writes

"Steven Wayne" wrote
Something gets its teeth into these leaves but I've never seen what.

http://www.baldman.eclipse.co.uk/Bites/page.html

Vine Weevil... http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile...vineweevil.asp

I agree, definitely vine weevil, it's the shape and the fact that it is
a bite from the age. It will be the adult weevils so wherever they are
somewhere close by in the soil, munching your roots will be the little
horrors that are their offspring
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Steven Wayne[_2_] 28-06-2008 01:20 PM

Can someone tell me what's eating these plants

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 23:05:40 +0100, Bob Hobden
wrote:

"Steven Wayne" wrote
Something gets its teeth into these leaves but I've never seen what.

http://www.baldman.eclipse.co.uk/Bites/page.html

Vine Weevil... http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile...vineweevil.asp

That looks like the devils.

Now to get rid of them.....