GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clingfilm for grafting? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/176383-clingfilm-grafting.html)

Michael Bell 28-06-2008 07:04 AM

Clingfilm for grafting?

I have some grafting to do. Would clingfilm be a suitable material for
wrapping the grafts? It's available in the shops, though in rather
wide rolls, really I would prefer a roll about 3" wide, the material I
want to graft is quite small. I can't FORESEE any problems, but it's a
messy world and there may be problems.

Michael Bell

Janet Tweedy 28-06-2008 11:56 AM

Clingfilm for grafting?

In article , Michael
Bell writes
I have some grafting to do. Would clingfilm be a suitable material for
wrapping the grafts? It's available in the shops, though in rather
wide rolls, really I would prefer a roll about 3" wide, the material I
want to graft is quite small. I can't FORESEE any problems, but it's a
messy world and there may be problems.

Michael Bell

We were taught to use cling film for fruit grafting in our RHS course
Michael.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Michael Bell 28-06-2008 06:56 PM

Clingfilm for grafting?

In message
Janet Tweedy wrote:

In article , Michael
Bell writes
I have some grafting to do. Would clingfilm be a suitable material for
wrapping the grafts? It's available in the shops, though in rather
wide rolls, really I would prefer a roll about 3" wide, the material I
want to graft is quite small. I can't FORESEE any problems, but it's a
messy world and there may be problems.

Michael Bell

We were taught to use cling film for fruit grafting in our RHS course
Michael.

I thought it was a great original idea. A pity I had to rediscover it
for myself. Everybody seems to have their own favourite, Parafilm,
insulating tape.....

Michael Bell