Old 29-06-2008, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default $%*X$! Cats

shazzbat wrote:

Someone here wants to see you....
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...0stuff/Tom.jpg

And may he aim superbly!

Eddy.
Old 29-06-2008, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , beccabunga
wrote

You are not helping yourself if you have lots of open space in your
flower beds.

This is the same as saying you are responsible for crime because you own
items worth stealing.

If cat owners cannot control their pets then they are not fit to own
them. The owners should provide areas for their own pets to shit or keep
them locked up and under control.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Old 29-06-2008, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Mel, where people, below, suggest things to spread around, start with
spreading them only along your boundaries. You may succeed in causing
cats to decide not to bother entering your property . . . and they
therefore may not discover your many luxury toilet-beds.

Eddy.

Old 29-06-2008, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"shazzbat" wrote:

Someone here wants to see you....

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...0stuff/Tom.jpg

Brilliant!!! I do appreciate people with a sense of humour.

And thanks to everyone who has offered suggestions. I will work through them
all starting with the cheapest first (tightwad).

The recent development to the rear of my property has resulted in a great
increase in the number of cats around - and they all seem to head for mine.
Maybe Dave sent them?

Mel.

--
http://www.ebid.net
Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy

Old 29-06-2008, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 16:07:02 +0100, Eddy
wrote and included this (or
some of this):

Žó?Š Š ?°?°-°? wrote:
Make some very dilute Jeyes or Armillatox in a watering can and
sprinkle it around everywhere, grass, paths, beds anywhere. It won't
hurt them but they won't go near it.
I had a cat doing his business on my front lawn every night but after
the above remedy it's been clear for 5 weeks now.

VERY VERY dilute though, eh, or Mel will kill or harm everything it
comes into contact with.

Very dilute works

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°²

Old 29-06-2008, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Eddy" wrote:

VERY VERY dilute though, eh, or Mel will kill or harm
everything it comes into contact with.

Are you trying to put the idea into my mind to spray the cats with neat
Jeyes fluid?

Dave won't like that....

Mel.

Old 29-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Registered User

Not at all - although if you leave valuable items in full view with an open window I think you can be said to be lacking in common sense.

What are you doing about all the birds, the foxes, the hedgehogs, the rats and mice, and the squirrels, not to mention the millions of insects inhabiting your patch? None are exactly particular about where they deposit stuff. Perhaps you don't have any of these pests.
Old 29-06-2008, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Alan wrote:

: In message , beccabunga
: wrote
::
:
: This is the same as saying you are responsible for crime because you
: own items worth stealing.
:
: If cat owners cannot control their pets...

Cats control their the owners.

--
Steve

Old 30-06-2008, 12:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Make some very dilute Jeyes or Armillatox in a watering can and
sprinkle it around everywhere, grass, paths, beds anywhere. It won't
hurt them but they won't go near it.

Just had a thought about all the suggestions about putting stuff down -
Jeyes, mothballs, etc.

Wouldn't these also impact on wildlife such as hedgehogs? I have a few who
use my drive and garden as part of their foraging route. I would assume
their sense of smell is pretty well developed. I wouldn't like to upset them
in an effort to deter the cats.

No Dave. It's not the hedgehogs cr**ing in the garden. While I am no s**t
connoisseur... I can tell the difference.

Mel.

Old 30-06-2008, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Steve Turner" wrote in message
Alan wrote:

: In message , beccabunga
: wrote
::
:: You are not helping yourself if you have lots of open space in your
:: flower beds.
:
: This is the same as saying you are responsible for crime because you
: own items worth stealing.
:
: If cat owners cannot control their pets...

Cats control their the owners.

Cats don't have owners. They have attendants.

Steve

Old 30-06-2008, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Steve Turner
wrote
Alan wrote:

: In message , beccabunga
: wrote
::
:: You are not helping yourself if you have lots of open space in your
:: flower beds.
:
: This is the same as saying you are responsible for crime because you
: own items worth stealing.
:
: If cat owners cannot control their pets...

Cats control their the owners.

This is the kind of excuse made by irresponsible pet owner to justify
their antisocial behaviour.

Old 30-06-2008, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Steve Turner
wrote
Alan wrote:

: In message , beccabunga
: wrote
::
:: You are not helping yourself if you have lots of open space in your
:: flower beds.
:
: This is the same as saying you are responsible for crime because you
: own items worth stealing.
:
: If cat owners cannot control their pets...

Cats control their the owners.

Then perhaps the cats should instruct their owners to clean up the shit.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Alan is sadly unaware of the noble cat and its ancient lineage.

Eddy.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Astral Voyager wrote:
I'm sure somewhere on my property is a sign in cat speak that reads 'Public
Toilet'. A good part of my time gardening is spent clearing up their mess (I
thought they were supposed to bury it).

Come on, man, you are obsessing about this, surely. What's the problem
with a bit of cat shit in the garden? Or even three or four new little
turds every day?

Eddy.

Old 01-07-2008, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Eddy" wrote:

Come on, man, you are obsessing about this, surely. What's the problem
with a bit of cat shit in the garden? Or even three or four new little
turds every day?

Ok. You've arrived. When are the other two or three due?

Mel.

Cats Lozzie Gardening 2 03-02-2004 08:43 PM
Cats terrorise my fish! Scooby Don't Ponds 22 22-12-2003 07:12 AM
Cats any ideas update auntie_biotic United Kingdom 3 25-04-2003 12:08 AM
cats julie manns United Kingdom 82 07-04-2003 07:56 AM
cats Oxymel of Squill United Kingdom 1 19-01-2003 01:04 AM