GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Touchweeder - gone forever ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/176517-touchweeder-gone-forever.html)

ST 02-07-2008 01:13 PM

Touchweeder - gone forever ?

I've just used the last of my Touchweeder and on trying to buy some more
discovered it's banned !
I can't seem to find anything similar. Does anyone know of a replacement
that works in the same way.

((touchweeder was the wax based weed killer))

Thanks
Colin.......

beccabunga 02-07-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ST (Post 801411)

Don't know if there is a replacement coming along, but you could try contacting the manufacturer: http://www.applegate.co.uk/company/10/43/729.htm

Spider 03-07-2008 07:13 PM

Touchweeder - gone forever ?

"ST" wrote in message
I've just used the last of my Touchweeder and on trying to buy some more
discovered it's banned !
I can't seem to find anything similar. Does anyone know of a replacement
that works in the same way.

((touchweeder was the wax based weed killer))

Thanks
Colin.......

A friend of mine also failed to source this. In it's place I suggested she
mixed a little neat glyphosate with wallpaper paste and paint it on. Of
course, I'm not suggesting that to anyone here because it's illegal ...

Spider

Rusty Hinge 2 05-07-2008 02:28 PM

Touchweeder - gone forever ?

The message
from "Spider" contains these words:
"ST" wrote in message

I've just used the last of my Touchweeder and on trying to buy some more
discovered it's banned !
I can't seem to find anything similar. Does anyone know of a replacement
that works in the same way.

((touchweeder was the wax based weed killer))

Thanks
Colin.......

A friend of mine also failed to source this. In it's place I suggested she
mixed a little neat glyphosate with wallpaper paste and paint it on. Of
course, I'm not suggesting that to anyone here because it's illegal ...

Funny thing - I was going to suggest just that if a replacement couldn't
be found. A tiny drop of washing-up liquid in the mixture helps - and
don't make the paste too thick.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig