GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The time it takes to lay turf. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/176891-time-takes-lay-turf.html)

[email protected] 15-07-2008 12:41 PM

The time it takes to lay turf.

Hi All,
I am looking for some advice on how long it takes for one man on
average to lay turf I have a 40x40' lawn to lay and want it done
reasonably quickly,but want a good job doing as well, it may need
rotavating first. the turf will have to be carried through the house
to the back garden (approx 30' walk)
Many thanks

Ariadne 15-07-2008 07:21 PM

The time it takes to lay turf.

On 15 Jul, 12:41, wrote:
Hi All,
I am looking for some advice on how long it takes for one man on
average to lay turf I have a 40x40' lawn to lay and want it done
reasonably quickly,but want a good job doing as well, it may need
rotavating first. the turf will have to be carried through the house
to the back garden (approx 30' walk)
Many thanks

I don't know but keep it damp. I've done smallish patches only and
was advised by a professional to use sharp sand for levelling. That
worked in 2003 in scorching weather.

[email protected] 16-07-2008 08:45 AM

The time it takes to lay turf.

Any one know how long it might take?

Sacha[_3_] 16-07-2008 10:16 AM

The time it takes to lay turf.

On 16/7/08 08:45, in article
,
" wrote:

Any one know how long it might take?

Not unless we know the area to be covered! 4 square feet - about ten
minutes. 600 square - feet a bit longer.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Mary Fisher 16-07-2008 06:34 PM