GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   White Phalaenopsis (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/177006-white-phalaenopsis.html)

Bob Hobden 18-07-2008 05:07 PM

White Phalaenopsis

Just posted pictures on "alt.binaries.pictures.gardens" of a white
Phalaenopsis that I bought some months ago for £1.50 as it had finished
flowering.
It now has 27 flowers (and a Heath Robinson support to stop it all
breaking).

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Sacha[_3_] 18-07-2008 05:15 PM

White Phalaenopsis

On 18/7/08 17:07, in article , "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

Just posted pictures on "alt.binaries.pictures.gardens" of a white
Phalaenopsis that I bought some months ago for £1.50 as it had finished
flowering.
It now has 27 flowers (and a Heath Robinson support to stop it all
breaking).

Why, I wonder, can't I get onto that?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Bob Hobden 18-07-2008 05:33 PM

White Phalaenopsis

"Sacha" wrote ...
after "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

Just posted pictures on "alt.binaries.pictures.gardens" of a white
Phalaenopsis that I bought some months ago for £1.50 as it had finished
flowering.
It now has 27 flowers (and a Heath Robinson support to stop it all
breaking).

Why, I wonder, can't I get onto that?

Perhaps your ISP does not support Binaries?
I usually use news.individual.net for Ngs but have to resort to BT for the
binary groups.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Sacha[_3_] 18-07-2008 07:08 PM

White Phalaenopsis

On 18/7/08 17:33, in article , "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote ...
after "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

Just posted pictures on "alt.binaries.pictures.gardens" of a white
Phalaenopsis that I bought some months ago for £1.50 as it had finished
flowering.
It now has 27 flowers (and a Heath Robinson support to stop it all
breaking).

Why, I wonder, can't I get onto that?

Perhaps your ISP does not support Binaries?
I usually use news.individual.net for Ngs but have to resort to BT for the
binary groups.

That would be it. I use nin and am too computer unsavvy to swap around,
Bob. I use tinypic when I want to publish a photo to this group.

Sam 18-07-2008 10:13 PM

White Phalaenopsis

Bob Hobden wrote:
Just posted pictures on "alt.binaries.pictures.gardens" of a white
Phalaenopsis that I bought some months ago for £1.50 as it had finished
flowering.
It now has 27 flowers (and a Heath Robinson support to stop it all
breaking).

Dear me, Bob, I did a search on "Alt.binaries".Got me quite excited.
You've got to be broad-minded these days,haven't you.
Anyhow I went back to your message and got the correct name
this time so all's well.Let's hope the fuzz don't take my puter
when I'm asleep.I can see the headline now:

"Elderly gardener says he was looking for orchids".

They'll never believe me.

Those are lovely pictures - your an excellent photographer
as well as gardener.You had a bargain they normally go
for £12 upwards.If you have the room keep it and you should
get another crop next year.When you repot use the special
orchid compost or your sunk, also the orchid feed.
A joy to behold.
Sam

Bob Hobden 18-07-2008 10:53 PM

White Phalaenopsis

"sam" wrote
Bob Hobden wrote:
[...]

Thank you for the compliment Sam, perhaps my misspent youth assisting in a
darkroom paid off. :-)

Now you have found the alt.binaries.pictures.gardens you will see some
wonderful photos from all over the world.

As soon as I get any orchid I repot it, with Phals I use live sphagnum moss
with bark chippings in a bigger clear plastic pot. I water about once a week
now using rainwater with feed every other watering and ensure the pots are
flushed through with every watering. The Phals are grown on windowsills and
of course I never use a water tray of any sort, the roots hate being wet.
The others I have are always in flower to some extent.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Bob Hobden 18-07-2008 10:54 PM

White Phalaenopsis

"Sacha" wrote
That would be it. I use nin and am too computer unsavvy to swap around,
Bob. I use tinypic when I want to publish a photo to this group.

I'll send you the photo by mail then but you are missing some wonderful
garden and plant photos from all around the world.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Sacha[_3_] 19-07-2008 01:12 AM

White Phalaenopsis

On 18/7/08 22:54, in article , "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
That would be it. I use nin and am too computer unsavvy to swap around,
Bob. I use tinypic when I want to publish a photo to this group.

I'll send you the photo by mail then but you are missing some wonderful
garden and plant photos from all around the world.

Well, I would have been sad to miss yours which I received this evening.
What an outstandingly beautiful plant, Bob. My poor efforts pale me into
shame by comparison!

Judith in France 19-07-2008 11:00 AM

White Phalaenopsis

On Jul 18, 10:54 pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"Sacha" wrote

That would be it. I use nin and am too computer unsavvy to swap around,
Bob. I use tinypic when I want to publish a photo to this group.

I'll send you the photo by mail then but you are missing some wonderful
garden and plant photos from all around the world.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Bob can you send me one too please, Sacha is far more computer
literate than me!!!!

Judith

Sacha[_3_] 19-07-2008 04:45 PM

White Phalaenopsis

On 19/7/08 11:00, in article
, "Judith
in France" wrote:

On Jul 18, 10:54 pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"Sacha" wrote

That would be it. I use nin and am too computer unsavvy to swap around,
Bob. I use tinypic when I want to publish a photo to this group.

I'll send you the photo by mail then but you are missing some wonderful
garden and plant photos from all around the world.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Bob can you send me one too please, Sacha is far more computer
literate than me!!!!

Judith

Don't you believe it. I have spent all day from 10.30 this am to around 4pm
today with the computer guru trying to learn how to 'tweak' our new web site
when I need/want to. I'm still terrified of the thing!

Bob Hobden 19-07-2008 08:02 PM

White Phalaenopsis

"Judith in France" wrote "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"Sacha" wrote

That would be it. I use nin and am too computer unsavvy to swap
around,
Bob. I use tinypic when I want to publish a photo to this group.

I'll send you the photo by mail then but you are missing some wonderful
garden and plant photos from all around the world.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Bob can you send me one too please, Sacha is far more computer
literate than me!!!!

It's on it's way.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Sacha[_3_] 19-07-2008 10:16 PM

White Phalaenopsis

On 19/7/08 17:22, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 16:45:29 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Don't you believe it. I have spent all day from 10.30 this am to around 4pm
today with the computer guru

Age 11 years and 3 months?

If I was a five year old it would be a cinch.

trying to learn how to 'tweak' our new web site
when I need/want to. I'm still terrified of the thing!

Wimp! :o)

Damn right!

Judith in France 19-07-2008 10:21 PM

White Phalaenopsis

On Jul 19, 8:02 pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote "Bob Hobden" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote

That would be it. I use nin and am too computer unsavvy to swap
around,
Bob. I use tinypic when I want to publish a photo to this group.

I'll send you the photo by mail then but you are missing some wonderful
garden and plant photos from all around the world.

Judith --
Regards
Bob Hobden

Bob can you send me one too please, Sacha is far more computer
literate than me!!!!

It's on it's way.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Thank you sweetie, I got it! It is so beautiful, I wish I could get
this in France, plants are soooo expensive here.

Judith

Judith in France 19-07-2008 11:08 PM

White Phalaenopsis

On Jul 19, 10:40 pm, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 14:21:12 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
[...]

Don't the Dutch export them to France by the thousand hidden among the boxes of
amphetamines like they do to UK? I'm sure they could afford to give the flowers
away with the money they make exporting drugs in flower trucks.
--

Martin

Martin!!!!!! I don't do drugs, never have, never will, how are you?

Judith

Sacha[_3_] 19-07-2008 11:36 PM

White Phalaenopsis

On 19/7/08 22:38, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 22:16:36 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 19/7/08 17:22, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 16:45:29 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Don't you believe it. I have spent all day from 10.30 this am to around
4pm
today with the computer guru

Age 11 years and 3 months?

If I was a five year old it would be a cinch.

a pushover even?

In my entire life nobody has ever described me thus!

The problems start when the 11 year old finds girls more interesting than
fiddling with your PC.

I'll take your word for it!
But I can promise you that neither of us can programme our dvd player to
'record'. Pitiful.......