GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Runner Bean problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/177090-runner-bean-problem.html)

Judith in France 21-07-2008 02:14 PM

Runner Bean problem

Why are my runner bean leaves uniformly rather pale green, this is the
first time I have grown them here in France. I have grown them every
year in England without problem. The ground was virgin soil that had
been a field so apart from grass, nothing was growing there
previously.

Judith

Cerumen[_3_] 21-07-2008 04:26 PM

Runner Bean problem

"Judith in France" wrote in message
Why are my runner bean leaves uniformly rather pale green, this is the
first time I have grown them here in France. I have grown them every
year in England without problem. The ground was virgin soil that had
been a field so apart from grass, nothing was growing there
previously.

Possibly heavy leatherjacket infestation and they are damaging the roots,
otherwise maybe a mineral deficiency/inbalance in the soil.

--
Chris, (on tour)
Intellect is invisible to the man who has none.

Rusty Hinge 2 21-07-2008 10:12 PM

Runner Bean problem

The message
from "Cerumen" contains these words:
"Judith in France" wrote in message

Why are my runner bean leaves uniformly rather pale green, this is the
first time I have grown them here in France. I have grown them every
year in England without problem. The ground was virgin soil that had
been a field so apart from grass, nothing was growing there
previously.

Possibly heavy leatherjacket infestation and they are damaging the roots,
otherwise maybe a mineral deficiency/inbalance in the soil.

Or a different variety?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig