GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   best weed control mat/fabric? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/177440-best-weed-control-mat-fabric.html)

Janet Tweedy 01-08-2008 11:42 PM

best weed control mat/fabric?

I've seen several different types of weed matting. Some are obviously
never going to last a season.
However which ones would people recommend for suppressing ivy/weeds to
go under shingle/pea gravel please.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Granity 02-08-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet Tweedy (Post 807805)
I've seen several different types of weed matting. Some are obviously
never going to last a season.
However which ones would people recommend for suppressing ivy/weeds to
go under shingle/pea gravel please.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

I used "DuPont Plantex" membrain 4 years ago and covered it with gravel ( an area of 40'x40') I'ts still as good a when I put it down. BUT you will still get the odd weed as they grow in the gravel, but they are easy to remove.