GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Squirrels - UK Supply Available For The Pot (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/177455-squirrels-uk-supply-available-pot.html)

Cuthbert Vesty 02-08-2008 01:17 PM

Squirrels - UK Supply Available For The Pot

We have approximately 150 skinned, cleaned & gutted squirrels in our
chest freezers ready for cooking, all they need is to be defrosted and
cooked.

We need the space in the freezers ready for the grouse season so if
anyone wants a job lot of frozen squirrels that are available free of
charge via collection from the Scottish Borders please email.

Cuthbert

JD[_6_] 02-08-2008 06:11 PM

"Cuthbert Vesty" wrote in message
We have approximately 150 skinned, cleaned & gutted squirrels in our
chest freezers ready for cooking, all they need is to be defrosted and
cooked.

We need the space in the freezers ready for the grouse season so if
anyone wants a job lot of frozen squirrels that are available free of
charge via collection from the Scottish Borders please email.

Cuthbert

That is revolting, fancy eating a tree rat - or nything else with a face.
Why would you want to keep 150 dead animals in a freezer?
You sound a touch disturbed. If you had mentioned vegetables
you had grown people might show more interest.

Graham Harrison[_2_] 02-08-2008 06:48 PM

"JD" wrote in message

"Cuthbert Vesty" wrote in message
We have approximately 150 skinned, cleaned & gutted squirrels in our
chest freezers ready for cooking, all they need is to be defrosted and
cooked.

We need the space in the freezers ready for the grouse season so if
anyone wants a job lot of frozen squirrels that are available free of
charge via collection from the Scottish Borders please email.

Cuthbert

That is revolting, fancy eating a tree rat - or nything else with a face.
Why would you want to keep 150 dead animals in a freezer?
You sound a touch disturbed. If you had mentioned vegetables
you had grown people might show more interest.

I have a neighbour who keeps North American Hawks and keeps rabbits he
shoots in the freezer to feed them. Squirrels would make a good
replacement but these are the wrong end of the country and the rabbit supply
is plentiful here.

In any case what's wrong with a human eating squirel? Meat is meat.

Nick Maclaren 02-08-2008 06:57 PM

Squirrels - UK Supply Available For The Pot

This thread is attracting trolls. From the 'address' of the original
poster, and the slightly bizarre posting, it is likely that he was
one, too.

Please don't feed trolls, not even on squirrel!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

tpow 02-08-2008 07:28 PM

way too serious you guys............lighten up fur ****** sake.

Cerumen[_3_] 02-08-2008 08:06 PM

Squirrels - UK Supply Available For The Pot

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

This thread is attracting trolls. From the 'address' of the original
poster, and the slightly bizarre posting, it is likely that he was
one, too.

Please don't feed trolls, not even on squirrel!

Probably explains why yours is the first post I've seen in the thread. My
troll filters are quite good.

--
Chris, (on tour)
Intellect is invisible to the man who has none.

alan.holmes 02-08-2008 11:59 PM

"Cerumen" wrote in message

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

This thread is attracting trolls. From the 'address' of the original
poster, and the slightly bizarre posting, it is likely that he was
one, too.

Please don't feed trolls, not even on squirrel!

Probably explains why yours is the first post I've seen in the thread. My
troll filters are quite good.

Please tell me how to set one up?

--
alan (dot) holmes27 (at) virgin (dot) net

Granity 03-08-2008 12:54 AM

Most people keep dead animals in their freezer, those who don't are known as "veggies"

If I was nearer I would certainly have some, squirrel paté is delicious.

alan.holmes 03-08-2008 04:02 PM

Squirrels - UK Supply Available For The Pot

"Granity" wrote in message

'JD[_6_ Wrote:
;807930']"Cuthbert Vesty" wrote in message
...-
We have approximately 150 skinned, cleaned & gutted squirrels in our
chest freezers ready for cooking, all they need is to be defrosted
and
cooked.

Cuthbert-

That is revolting, fancy eating a tree rat - or nything else with a
face.
Why would you want to keep 150 dead animals in a freezer?
You sound a touch disturbed. If you had mentioned vegetables
you had grown people might show more interest.

Most people keep dead animals in their freezer, those who don't are
known as "veggies"

If I was nearer I would certainly have some, squirrel paté is
delicious.

And how do you make squirrel paté, I do manage to kill the occassional
squirrel, but I have never felt there was sufficient meat on if for a meal.

buzz clark 03-08-2008 09:20 PM

[quote='JD[_6_];807930']"Cuthbert Vesty" wrote in message
...[color=blue][i]
hi, are the squirrels still available? Have eaten them before as my border collie when younger was fast enough to catch the damn things. Sadly I may find that you are too far away but I may be lucky. buzz