GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   rare conifer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/177553-rare-conifer.html)

buzz clark 03-08-2008 09:27 PM

rare conifer

hi everyone, I am searching for a rare conifer that is described as looking like 'a pile of dead rats!!' This is due to the fact that it has very dark almost black foliage and fromm a distance looks like.......Does anybody out there know of or has seen this plant. It is probably a chamaecyparis cv raised on the continent. but please do not qote me.It is definately here in this country in a botanic ? or garden open to the public as the very small article that I read was written by the curator. That much I can remeber. If you have any info no matter how vague I would be gratefull. many thanks. buzz