GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Runner Beans - not developing (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/177773-runner-beans-not-developing.html)

Colin Jackson 12-08-2008 09:35 AM

Runner Beans - not developing

I have noticed that there are a number of beans that have not developed.

I do not usually have any problems, plenty of rain this year!

Compost in ground.

Is it lack of pollination - strong winds - faulty seeds?

Would appreciate comments.

http://www.cojack.co.uk/beans.html

Colin

Bob Hobden 12-08-2008 04:33 PM

Runner Beans - not developing

"Colin Jackson" wrote
I have noticed that there are a number of beans that have not developed.

I do not usually have any problems, plenty of rain this year!

Compost in ground.

Is it lack of pollination - strong winds - faulty seeds?

Would appreciate comments.

http://www.cojack.co.uk/beans.html

Personally we are inundated with beans, we are throwing them back onto the
compost heap when we run out of neighbours to palm them off to.
What variety was your's? They do look strange, as if they are suffering from
a lack of water. Is something eating/damaging the roots? Are they in new
ground, previously grass?

Sorry to ask so many questions.

--
Regards