GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pesticide/fungicide lookup charts (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/177869-pesticide-fungicide-lookup-charts.html)

[email protected] 15-08-2008 09:07 PM

Pesticide/fungicide lookup charts

Dear All,
In the past many of the manufacturers produced fold-out lookup
charts for the home gardening market with illustrations of
diseased/chewed plants, the pest/fungus responsible and their product
for treating it. These were rather useful, not least as list of what
chemicals were available. Does anyone know if any of the manufacturers
still publish such charts?

Cheers.
Tom.

Ps. The email address in the header is just a spam-trap.
--
Tom Crane, Dept. Physics, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham Hill,
Egham, Surrey, TW20 0EX, England.

Bob Hobden 15-08-2008 11:15 PM

Pesticide/fungicide lookup charts

Tom Crane wrote
In the past many of the manufacturers produced fold-out lookup
charts for the home gardening market with illustrations of
diseased/chewed plants, the pest/fungus responsible and their product
for treating it. These were rather useful, not least as list of what
chemicals were available. Does anyone know if any of the manufacturers
still publish such charts?

Seeing as there are very few chemicals now allowed to be used by us
gardeners I wouldn't think it would be worth their while. Might be something
for professional growers/ farmers though.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

OG 16-08-2008 12:23 AM

wrote in message
Dear All,
In the past many of the manufacturers produced fold-out lookup
charts for the home gardening market with illustrations of
diseased/chewed plants, the pest/fungus responsible and their product
for treating it. These were rather useful, not least as list of what
chemicals were available. Does anyone know if any of the manufacturers
still publish such charts?

As Bob has said, the increased control of 'home use' pesticides has reduced
the spectrum available so manufacturers' ranges are effectively all the same

In terms of what causes disease/chewedness, have you looked at the ' **
Expert' series of books ? I must admit I've not looked at them recently,
but they used to be good for that sort of thing.

GemBio 16-08-2008 01:45 PM

Pesticide/fungicide lookup charts

I suggest you check out the PAN network,

The site is likely to contain info on permitted pest/herbicides &
suggest alternatives...

http://www.pan-uk.org/

Dear All,
In the past many of the manufacturers produced fold-out lookup
charts for the home gardening market with illustrations of
diseased/chewed plants, the pest/fungus responsible and their product
for treating it. These were rather useful, not least as list of what
chemicals were available. Does anyone know if any of the manufacturers
still publish such charts?

Cheers.
Tom.
Gemini Bioscapes