Old 17-08-2008, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Another wasp nest

Those German wasps are prolific little blighters! We found several were
coming into the tea room and its garden and the nest was rapidly tracked
down to our log shelter. That's mere yards, as the wasp flies, from the
nest found earlier. One of the dogs was stung over the eye incurring a
fairly expensive couple of trips to the vet with him. The second one has now
been destroyed but not before one of the wretches got me on the arm on
Friday! It's now reached the 'itching like crazy' stage but I'm a bit more
relaxed now that I know they're ex-wasps. ;-)

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 17-08-2008, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 17:54:17 +0200, Martin wrote:

Our lavender has a similar effect. Bzzzzzzzzzzz!

Cotoneaster bullatus in our case, alive with buzzing noises from a huge
range if insects.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 17-08-2008, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Martin
wrote
On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 11:18:44 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Those German wasps are prolific little blighters! We found several were
coming into the tea room and its garden and the nest was rapidly tracked
down to our log shelter. That's mere yards, as the wasp flies, from the
nest found earlier. One of the dogs was stung over the eye incurring a
fairly expensive couple of trips to the vet with him. The second one has now
been destroyed but not before one of the wretches got me on the arm on
Friday! It's now reached the 'itching like crazy' stage but I'm a bit more
relaxed now that I know they're ex-wasps. ;-)

We've just started seeing our first bees this year. Despite stuff on
the BBC and
elsewhere that without bees there is no pollination, the neighbours apple trees
have plenty of apples and all our fruit bushes have done well.

I've had hundreds of Mason bees from my bee tubes pollinating
Spring/early Summer.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

How to destroy wasp nest? Terry Pinnell[_2_] United Kingdom 23 06-07-2011 02:42 PM
Finding a wasp's nest The Filers Lawns 5 24-10-2003 07:02 AM
Wasp nest between watercourse and public right of way. What to do? Nic O'Demus United Kingdom 23 07-10-2003 08:03 PM
bee/wasp/hornet/?? Nest Martin R. Soderstrom Gardening 4 16-04-2003 07:44 PM