GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Thift turning yellow (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/178054-thift-turning-yellow.html)

Donna Ludlow 22-08-2008 12:48 PM

Thift turning yellow

Hi All

I planted some thift in a pot but it is starting to turn yellow... what
could be wrong? Could it be it needs more drainage?

Donna

Sacha[_3_] 22-08-2008 02:54 PM

Thift turning yellow

On 22/8/08 12:48, in article , "Donna
Ludlow" wrote:

Hi All

I planted some thift in a pot but it is starting to turn yellow... what
could be wrong? Could it be it needs more drainage?

Donna

Sounds very like it. Make sure it's raised up a few inches off the ground
and that it has proper drainage holes in the pot.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Pam Moore 22-08-2008 04:08 PM

Thift turning yellow

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 12:48:34 +0100, "Donna Ludlow"
wrote:

I planted some thift in a pot but it is starting to turn yellow... what
could be wrong? Could it be it needs more drainage?

In the wild thrift grows on sea cliffs and even on walls.
It needs VERY good drainage.

Pam in Bristol