GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Running Silent (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/178358-running-silent.html)

Tim Perry 03-09-2008 06:05 AM

Running Silent

Decided to shut up for a while, before I upset too many of you good folks.

I shall still take a peek now and then to see whats going on, though.

Before I go, did you hear about the old Norfolk boy who decided to try fish
farming ? It was doomed to fail from the start, he planted 100 acres, but not one grew.

Robert \(Plymouth\)[_241_] 03-09-2008 08:33 AM

Running Silent

--
Tim Perry

Groan lol!

'Mike' 03-09-2008 10:00 AM

Running Silent

"Tim Perry" wrote in message

Decided to shut up for a while, before I upset too many of you good
folks.

I shall still take a peek now and then to see whats going on, though.

Before I go, did you hear about the old Norfolk boy who decided to try
fish
farming ? It was doomed to fail from the start, he planted 100 acres,
but not one grew.

Should have planted Sprats

Rusty Hinge 2 03-09-2008 09:24 PM

Running Silent

The message
from Tim Perry contains these words:

Decided to shut up for a while, before I upset too many of you good
folks.

I shall still take a peek now and then to see whats going on, though.

Before I go, did you hear about the old Norfolk boy who decided to try
fish
farming ? It was doomed to fail from the start, he planted 100 acres,
but not one grew.

Last time I heard that it was an Irishman who wanted a chicken farm...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Sacha[_3_] 03-09-2008 11:16 PM

Running Silent

On 3/9/08 21:24, in article ,
"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote:

The message
from Tim Perry contains these words:

Decided to shut up for a while, before I upset too many of you good
folks.

I shall still take a peek now and then to see whats going on, though.

Before I go, did you hear about the old Norfolk boy who decided to try
fish
farming ? It was doomed to fail from the start, he planted 100 acres,
but not one grew.

Last time I heard that it was an Irishman who wanted a chicken farm...

There was a cartoon in today's DT which showed a farmer walking past a gate
with a Beware of the Bull sign on it. The word 'Bull' is crossed out and
the word 'Jellyfish' substituted!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Gary Woods 04-09-2008 08:13 PM

Running Silent

Tim Perry wrote:

Before I go, did you hear about the old Norfolk boy who decided to try
fish
farming ?

He neglected to take a soil sample to his local ag agent.