Old 09-09-2008, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I think it was our fault, sorry :-(

Earlier this year we added two more water butts to our systems in the
gardens making eight.

I don't think we have ever reached half full, or should that be half empty?

Would it help if we scrapped the lot, concreted the garden over and painted
it green?

Mike

Old 09-09-2008, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
"'Mike'" writes:

| Earlier this year we added two more water butts to our systems in the
| gardens making eight.
|
| I don't think we have ever reached half full, or should that be half empty?
|
| Would it help if we scrapped the lot, concreted the garden over and painted
| it green?

Yes, that would provide hard standing for a LOT more water butts.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 12:04:58 +0100, "'Mike'" wrote:

Earlier this year we added two more water butts to our systems in the
gardens making eight.

I don't think we have ever reached half full, or should that be half empty?

Would it help if we scrapped the lot, concreted the garden over and painted
it green?

Mike

Would you like some of our rain?
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk
Old 09-09-2008, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"mogga" wrote in message
On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 12:04:58 +0100, "'Mike'" wrote:

Earlier this year we added two more water butts to our systems in the
gardens making eight.

I don't think we have ever reached half full, or should that be half
empty?

Would it help if we scrapped the lot, concreted the garden over and
painted
it green?

Mike

Would you like some of our rain?
--

Well you have set me thinking! We have just come back off a cruise to
Greenland, Iceland and the Norwegian Fjords and are due to go on one soon

So I might take you up on the offer ;-)

Old 09-09-2008, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Nick Maclaren
writes

In article ,
"'Mike'" writes:

| Earlier this year we added two more water butts to our systems in the
| gardens making eight.
|
| I don't think we have ever reached half full, or should that be half empty?
|
| Would it help if we scrapped the lot, concreted the garden over and painted
| it green?

Yes, that would provide hard standing for a LOT more water butts.

And the extra concrete would send lots of water down to the flood
plains.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Old 09-09-2008, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 13:34:41 +0100, "'Mike'" wrote:

"mogga" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 12:04:58 +0100, "'Mike'" wrote:

Earlier this year we added two more water butts to our systems in the
gardens making eight.

I don't think we have ever reached half full, or should that be half
empty?

Would it help if we scrapped the lot, concreted the garden over and
painted
it green?

Mike

Would you like some of our rain?
--

Well you have set me thinking! We have just come back off a cruise to
Greenland, Iceland and the Norwegian Fjords and are due to go on one soon
from Southampton to Singapore, NOW, if we had just a smidgeon more rain, the
cruise ship could come and pick us up :-) Save us going to Southampton ;-)

So I might take you up on the offer ;-)

Our brave council mower men came and mowed the verges on the street
yesterday. To their credit they only scalped it a bit and didn't sink
once!

We've just had another big storm and some more thunder.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

Well you have set me thinking! We have just come back off a cruise to
Greenland, Iceland and the Norwegian Fjords and are due to go on one soon
from Southampton to Singapore,

In every group you post in, Mike, you always have to mention your cruises.
I'm not sure what that's about unless it's to show off your perceived
wealth. In this group I'd like to see you talking about gardening and in
all the others an appropriate subject without injecting "I went on a cruise"
It's irrevelent. We don't care.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "'Mike'" contains these words:

Earlier this year we added two more water butts to our systems in the
gardens making eight.

I don't think we have ever reached half full, or should that be half empty?

Would it help if we scrapped the lot, concreted the garden over and painted
it green?

Yes. It would be even better if you sacrificed the water butts on the
altar of my back garden...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 09-09-2008, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "'Mike'" contains these words:

Well you have set me thinking! We have just come back off a cruise to
Greenland, Iceland and the Norwegian Fjords and are due to go on one soon
from Southampton to Singapore, NOW, if we had just a smidgeon more
rain, the
cruise ship could come and pick us up :-) Save us going to Southampton ;-)

So I might take you up on the offer ;-)

Too late - just sailed by my front gate...

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/temp/r--iver.jpg (53 KB)

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 09-09-2008, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from mogga contains these words:
On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 12:04:58 +0100, "'Mike'" wrote:
Earlier this year we added two more water butts to our systems in the
gardens making eight.

I don't think we have ever reached half full, or should that be half empty?

Would it help if we scrapped the lot, concreted the garden over and
painted
it green?

Mike

Would you like some of our rain?

Or ours?

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/temp/rain3.jpg (11KB)

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Old 09-09-2008, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message

Well you have set me thinking! We have just come back off a cruise to
Greenland, Iceland and the Norwegian Fjords and are due to go on one soon
from Southampton to Singapore,

In every group you post in, Mike, you always have to mention your cruises.
I'm not sure what that's about unless it's to show off your perceived
wealth. In this group I'd like to see you talking about gardening and in
all the others an appropriate subject without injecting "I went on a
cruise" It's irrevelent. We don't care.

Now that's odd that is. I NEVER ever see you comment on the personal family
chit chat between members of this site. Non gardening chit chat that has
NOTHING AT ALL to do with gardening!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you find it a little odd?

No of course you don't :-))

Kindest possible regards

Mike

Old 12-09-2008, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

Well you have set me thinking! We have just come back off a cruise to
Greenland, Iceland and the Norwegian Fjords and are due to go on one soon
from Southampton to Singapore,

In every group you post in, Mike, you always have to mention your cruises.
I'm not sure what that's about unless it's to show off your perceived
wealth. In this group I'd like to see you talking about gardening and in
all the others an appropriate subject without injecting "I went on a
cruise" It's irrevelent. We don't care.

I didn't see his post but we're not long back from a cruise up to and beyond
Svalbard as well as Faroes, Norway etc.

When we got back I could hardly get into the greenhouse for all the
foliage - had to hack at the trailing lianas of tomatoes ... an automatic
waterer (hosepipe from butts to a weeping pipe in the gh) ensured lots of
growth.

Any advance on the Arctic Circle?

Not that I care either and certainly wouldn't want to go anywhere hot!

:-))))))))))))

Mary

Old 12-09-2008, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

t...

"'Mike'" wrote in message

[...]

The midnight sun was magnificent http://www.myalbum.com/Album=D484OWCY from
Aurora in June/July.

Don't want anywhere hot????

Booked Oriana to the Caribbean this morning for 2010 and going on Arcadia's
1st two legs of her Worldie in January. Med, Suez Arabian Sea to Singapore!

Which ship did you cruise on?

You mention the self watering, we have wonderful neighbours who look after
the house, mail, windows AND garden. We came home to quite a crop of
tomatoes which were way in advance of his so we were able to 'help him
out'!!

Mike

Old 13-09-2008, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Mary Fisher
writes

Any advance on the Arctic Circle?

Not that I care either and certainly wouldn't want to go anywhere hot!

:-))))))))))))

Mary

I used to go on the Woolwich ferry, as a treat!
Not sure about the cruise bit though.................

You can go on gardening cruises, two friends did last year.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

It's songbird's fault bluechick Edible Gardening 40 19-06-2014 06:13 PM
Neighbor never has good tomatoes and it's his own fault EVP MAN Gardening 5 23-07-2010 07:11 AM
ATCO Viscount fault braesideman United Kingdom 0 15-10-2009 01:57 PM
My own fault ? vsop United Kingdom 3 20-03-2009 06:01 PM
What do you think happened to our lawn? AngryFish Lawns 0 20-08-2003 02:39 AM