Old 12-09-2008, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Anyone splitting Hostas?

Hi gang,

It has been a while since I posted in this ng so I am somewhat out of
touch with events. Is anyone planning to split Hostas this winter? I
am looking for few plants to fill a gap. I am happy to pay for the
plants and postage.

Cheers,
Compo.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12 Sep, 11:22, Jennifer Sparkes wrote:
The message
from Compo in Caithness contains these words:

Hi gang,

\snip\ Hi Compo
I am throwing out 3 Hostas this autumn, \snip\ Haven't looked at them recently and it has been *so* wet here I am hoping
they aren't too rotten.

Jennifer

Replied by email

Cheers,
Compo in Caithness
Old 12-09-2008, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jennifer Sparkes wrote:

Hi Compo
I am throwing out 3 Hostas this autumn, you are more than welcome
to all - and when I say all I do mean just that, ie slugs and snail
etc!!!

(I am planning to put a raised bed where they are and try to grow more
vegetables.)

Seriously if you would like some please let me know. I can't remember
the names but will look and see if I still have the labels -
somewhere.

There is a small one with variegated leaves, a large one with blue
green leaves and blue flowers

You have a hosta with blue flowers? I'd be most interested to know the name
of it.

--

Jeff

Old 16-09-2008, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12 Sep, 10:25, Compo in Caithness wrote:
Hi gang,

\snip\ *Is anyone planning to split Hostas this winter? *I
am looking for *few plants to fill a gap. *\snip\ Cheers,
Compo.

I now have sufficient plants to complete my project. Thanks for the