GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Busy.. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/178595-busy.html)

Sheila 14-09-2008 07:23 PM

Busy..

Whew, had a busy weekend, cleared out most of the common orange Monrovia,
now I can see the borders again, got 4 bin bags full, all gone to Freecycle,
Re modelled the side borders, and enlarged them, now they are edged with
upright odd pieces of nice Yorkshire stone, and odd bits, look like broken
teeth, but quite attractive, its all been weeded, and am halfway through the
tonne of compost that was delivered last week, Instead of a shower tonight,
think I will take a long relaxing bath...

forgot to add, filled new compost bin up...old dustbin with hole cut in
bottom, next door having extension built, no time for gardening, so I am
using their green wheelybin as well as my own, with twigs and branches.

Sheila 14-09-2008 07:24 PM

Busy..

"Sheila" wrote in message
om...
Whew, had a busy weekend, cleared out most of the common orange Monrovia,
now I can see the borders again, got 4 bin bags full, all gone to
Freecycle, Re modelled the side borders, and enlarged them, now they are
edged with upright odd pieces of nice Yorkshire stone, and odd bits, look
like broken teeth, but quite attractive, its all been weeded, and am
halfway through the tonne of compost that was delivered last week, Instead
of a shower tonight, think I will take a long relaxing bath...

forgot to add, filled new compost bin up...old dustbin with hole cut in
bottom, next door having extension built, no time for gardening, so I am
using their green wheelybin as well as my own, with twigs and branches.

Clicked on wrong thing in spellchecker, its Monbretia, not Monrovia!

Jeff Layman[_2_] 15-09-2008 08:04 AM

Busy..

Sheila wrote:
"Sheila" wrote in message
om...
Whew, had a busy weekend, cleared out most of the common orange
Monrovia,

Clicked on wrong thing in spellchecker, its Monbretia, not Monrovia!

You /think/ you've cleared it out! It'll be back...

--
Jeff
(cut "thetape" to reply)

Mary Fisher 15-09-2008 10:23 AM

Busy..

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
Sheila wrote:
"Sheila" wrote in message
om...
Whew, had a busy weekend, cleared out most of the common orange
Monrovia,

Clicked on wrong thing in spellchecker, its Monbretia, not Monrovia!

You /think/ you've cleared it out! It'll be back...

I love it!

Mary

--
Jeff
(cut "thetape" to reply)

Sheila 15-09-2008 12:11 PM

Busy..

Whew, had a busy weekend, cleared out most of the common orange
Monrovia,

Clicked on wrong thing in spellchecker, its Monbretia, not Monrovia!

You /think/ you've cleared it out! It'll be back...

I love it!

Mary

--
Jeff
(cut "thetape" to reply)

I love it too, its just it doesn't flower when its so crowded together, I'm
giving the remaining lot some space! Having Rhododendrons cut back this
week as well, let the lower plants see what daylight looks like!!