GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hamamelis mollis (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/178943-hamamelis-mollis.html)

K 02-10-2008 06:50 PM

Hamamelis mollis

Is it usual for Hamamelis mollis to be in flower at the moment?

It doesn't look anywhere near as attractive with its flowers hidden
amongst its leaves
--
Kay

Emery Davis[_2_] 04-10-2008 05:42 PM

Hamamelis mollis

K wrote:
Is it usual for Hamamelis mollis to be in flower at the moment?

It doesn't look anywhere near as attractive with its flowers hidden
amongst its leaves

Oddly I just noticed a Hamamelis x intermedia "Orange Promise" (which
is always more yellow than orange as it happens) flowering in the
garden today. I've never seen it do so before. Maybe its just
decided to keep yours company.

I have a H. mollis nearby, it's been slowly dying back. No sign
of flowers but it's hardly flowered over the last few years. I
think it might be too near a lombardy poplar, so I'm going to move
it this winter.

-E

Sacha[_3_] 04-10-2008 05:50 PM

Hamamelis mollis

On 4/10/08 17:42, in article , "Emery
Davis" wrote:

K wrote:
Is it usual for Hamamelis mollis to be in flower at the moment?

It doesn't look anywhere near as attractive with its flowers hidden
amongst its leaves

Oddly I just noticed a Hamamelis x intermedia "Orange Promise" (which
is always more yellow than orange as it happens) flowering in the
garden today. I've never seen it do so before. Maybe its just
decided to keep yours company.

snip

We have Queen Anne's Lace in flower atm - don't remember that at this time
of year.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

beccabunga 07-10-2008 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K (Post 817962)
Is it usual for Hamamelis mollis to be in flower at the moment?

It doesn't look anywhere near as attractive with its flowers hidden
amongst its leaves
--
Kay

This year, plants are confused. It doesn't surprise me at all that a winter flowerer is flowering now. The weather has be wintry, then warm, then wintry.