GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Trimming ornamental grasses? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/179016-trimming-ornamental-grasses.html)

David in Normandy[_7_] 06-10-2008 07:47 PM

Trimming ornamental grasses?

We have several varieties of ornamental grasses in the garden. Should
they be cut back? If so at what time of the year.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.

Emrys Davies[_2_] 07-10-2008 12:02 PM

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
We have several varieties of ornamental grasses in the garden. Should
they be cut back? If so at what time of the year.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.

http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile...ng_grasses.asp

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Jeff Layman[_2_] 09-10-2008 10:07 AM

David in Normandy wrote:
We have several varieties of ornamental grasses in the garden. Should
they be cut back? If so at what time of the year.

Any time, if you can find a suitable source of alloxydim.
(from you will gather that I can't stand so-called "ornamental" grasses.
Cortaderia and some Miscanthus are honorable exceptions).

--
Jeff
(cut "thetape" to reply)