Old 08-10-2008, 08:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Is it winter already?

My Winter Jasmine (J. nudiflorum) has three flowers on it already. It was
transferred from my brothers garden in May and has done rather well in my
garden growing from about 75 cm to 140 cm. My sister-in-law says it's
normally January when it flowers in their garden.

--
Steve

Old 08-10-2008, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 8/10/08 08:16, in article
, "Steve Turner"
wrote:

My Winter Jasmine (J. nudiflorum) has three flowers on it already. It was
transferred from my brothers garden in May and has done rather well in my
garden growing from about 75 cm to 140 cm. My sister-in-law says it's
normally January when it flowers in their garden.

And yet we have dandelions and Valerian still flowering here and the
Fremontodendron outside my window seems to be putting out new leaves.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 08-10-2008, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Steve Turner writes
My Winter Jasmine (J. nudiflorum) has three flowers on it already. It was
transferred from my brothers garden in May and has done rather well in my
garden growing from about 75 cm to 140 cm. My sister-in-law says it's
normally January when it flowers in their garden.

Mine has too ( a lot more than 3). It's usually early November when it
starts so it is a bit early.

I also have flowers on Clematis montana and C armandii, and Hamamels
mollis. And the Viburnum bodnantense has been well out for some weeks.
It seems wuite a few things have had their timing put out by this
miserable summer.

--
Kay
Old 08-10-2008, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Sacha contains these words:
On 8/10/08 08:16, in article
, "Steve Turner"
wrote:

My Winter Jasmine (J. nudiflorum) has three flowers on it already. It was
transferred from my brothers garden in May and has done rather well in my
garden growing from about 75 cm to 140 cm. My sister-in-law says it's
normally January when it flowers in their garden.

And yet we have dandelions and Valerian still flowering here and the
Fremontodendron outside my window seems to be putting out new leaves.

And I have primroses.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 08-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

I'm still picking runner beans.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

ilkes...rld.com wrote:
My Winter Jasmine (J. nudiflorum) has three flowers on it already. It was
transferred from my brothers garden in May and has done rather well in my
garden growing from about 75 cm to 140 cm. My sister-in-law says it's
normally January when it flowers in their garden.

And yet we have dandelions and Valerian still flowering here and the
Fremontodendron outside my window seems to be putting out new leaves.

And I have primroses.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!! In Norfolk Rusty? I will be there next
week, fancy a coffee Rusty email me?

Judith
Old 09-10-2008, 01:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

My Winter Jasmine (J. nudiflorum) has three flowers on it
already. It was
transferred from my brothers garden in May and has done rather
well in my
garden growing from about 75 cm to 140 cm. My sister-in-law
says it's
normally January when it flowers in their garden.

Mine also has several flowers - I didn't think to count them.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Granity contains these words:

I'm still picking runner beans.

Well, yes, I usually do, until the first frost gets to work. We had one
light frost which crinkled a few leaves, but didn't touch the marrows.
(Of which I have six plants, and plenty of marrows yet to pick)

Strangely, the marrows in the garden of next-door-but-one have been
terminated with cold precision.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Old 09-10-2008, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

And I have primroses.

Wild ones?! Not cultivated-gone-dotty?

Yes. proper wild ones.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 09-10-2008, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Judith in France contains these words:

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!! In Norfolk Rusty? I will be there next
week, fancy a coffee Rusty email me?

Might well do - I've a Sheddi Sailor coming to East Angular in his
land-yacht near the end of the week, and I may be out on the local shoot
- probably on Thursday, which may leave Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
No buses here on Saturday or Sunday - though Oi have a boike.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 09-10-2008, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "The Old OakTree" contains these words:

My Winter Jasmine (J. nudiflorum) has three flowers on it
already. It was
transferred from my brothers garden in May and has done rather
well in my
garden growing from about 75 cm to 140 cm. My sister-in-law
says it's
normally January when it flowers in their garden.

Mine also has several flowers - I didn't think to count them.

I haven't looked at mine. I'll try to unforget to do so.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig