GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Blue Plastic contaners in West Country (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/179064-blue-plastic-contaners-west-country.html)

Therefore 09-10-2008 04:00 PM

Blue Plastic contaners in West Country

Can anybody help , I am looking to purchase some large containers for carrot
and parsnip growing.

I have seen these in use in TV gardening programes , and they would suit my
needs

TIA ................................Leslie

Robert \(Plymouth\)[_249_] 09-10-2008 06:42 PM

Blue Plastic containers in West Country

"Therefore" wrote in message
. ..
Can anybody help , I am looking to purchase some large containers for
carrot and parsnip growing.

I have seen these in use in TV gardening programes , and they would suit
my needs

TIA ................................Leslie

Plymouth Citybus often has spare containers to get rid of but I'm not sure
what colour they are

Rusty Hinge 2 09-10-2008 10:14 PM

Blue Plastic contaners in West Country

The message
from "Therefore" contains these words:

Can anybody help , I am looking to purchase some large containers for
carrot
and parsnip growing.

I have seen these in use in TV gardening programes , and they would suit my
needs

Apply to your local friendly fire station: they may (like our local
ones) get foam-making chemicals in 40 gallon strong blue plastic
barrels.

The chemicals are harmless, and even more so when the barrels are
washed-out...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Bigal 13-10-2008 11:07 PM

I grow a short variety of carrots in buckets very successfully, Plant in succession and you can have them right up to Xmas. The containers don't have to be very large just more of them if you want to grow a lot. CXan't help you with parsnips, although builders suppliers do have a a large bucket shaped conainer that I've seen used for all sorts of jobs on a building site, and at the end of the day all tools etc are shoved in to it to take home ( a bit bigger than a standard bucket. I presume that you are not growing these for showing.) Bigal s
Quote:

Originally Posted by Therefore (Post 818478)