Old 11-10-2008, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Source of Ground limestone

I have a problem with my apples, the supplier of my trees, who is an
apple tree expert, believes it is due to a calcium deficiency and
suggest a top dressing of calcium, such as ground limestone. However I
cannot find a source of anything suitable. Any suggestions please? I
live in North Staffordshire so local would be ideal, though mail order
would be fine. When I am up in the Peak District I often see lime dust
covering the trees, so it should be easy to get! An extensive Google
search has not done it for me!
Old 11-10-2008, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote in message
I have a problem with my apples, the supplier of my trees, who is an apple
tree expert, believes it is due to a calcium deficiency and suggest a top
dressing of calcium, such as ground limestone. However I cannot find a
source of anything suitable. Any suggestions please? I live in North
Staffordshire so local would be ideal, though mail order would be fine.
When I am up in the Peak District I often see lime dust covering the trees,
so it should be easy to get! An extensive Google search has not done it for
me!

Try Fairfield Joinery at Buxton they sell sacks of fine Limestone I use "1/8
to dust" grade - the place you want is on Tong Lane Industrial Est off the
A6 before the golf course
Derek

Old 11-10-2008, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Derek" wrote in message

"Broadback" wrote in message
I have a problem with my apples, the supplier of my trees, who is an apple
tree expert, believes it is due to a calcium deficiency and suggest a top
dressing of calcium, such as ground limestone. However I cannot find a
source of anything suitable. Any suggestions please? I live in North
Staffordshire so local would be ideal, though mail order would be fine.
When I am up in the Peak District I often see lime dust covering the
trees, so it should be easy to get! An extensive Google search has not
done it for me!

Try Fairfield Joinery at Buxton they sell sacks of fine Limestone I use
"1/8 to dust" grade - the place you want is on Tong Lane Industrial Est
off the A6 before the golf course
Derek

Shows I can't spell - Tongue Lane Ind Est its actually on Dewpond Lane.
thats the Fairfield Building Supplies yard - the other yard (joinery) is on
Bench lane.
Derek

Old 11-10-2008, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Derek" wrote in message

"Derek" wrote in message

"Broadback" wrote in message
[...]

There are different lime compounds on here
http://www.gardendirect.co.uk/garden...ioning-c-5_228

Old 14-10-2008, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Robert (Plymouth) wrote:

"Derek" wrote in message

"Derek" wrote in message

"Broadback" wrote in message
[...]

Just in case there is anyone watching this thread and looking for the
answer I have sourced it here, which is fairly local to me:
http://horticulture.taylorschoice.co...mpak_750gm.php
Cheers