Old 12-10-2008, 02:39 AM
Registered User

Default Peach tree size

Hi all You will usually find me in the citrus forum, but I think I need to be here a bit too!

I was considering growing a peach from the pit. Not for nice fruit in months - I know they can take a while lol and won't produce same fruit as the parent. It was only a consideration, since I found three peaches downstairs I would be willing to plant them and grow trees, but not if they are going to grow to 25foot tall hehe. I was going to give them the cold period out in the garage over winter and wait for growth in the spring.

I know there are different sizes out there, dwarf etc, but what could I expect from a regular, store-bought peach pit? Will it end up three times as tall as me lol. I will be moving house at some point in the next few years, so I was going to keep it in a big container. Again, not sure if this is do-able with size

I know buying an established tree would probably be better -I actually have one already lol - but I love growing things from seed. I have a load of mandarin, lemon and grapefruit seedlings on the go.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated

Dan