GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   feeding (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/179142-feeding.html)

BOFH 12-10-2008 11:24 AM

feeding

growmore, blood fish and bone, liquids, nothing

what's the pros, cons, best system for joe average suburban gardener ?

Tom 12-10-2008 12:52 PM

feeding

BOFH wrote:
growmore, blood fish and bone, liquids, nothing

what's the pros, cons, best system for joe average suburban gardener ?

Miracle grow? But I'm a complete beginner.

Janet Conroy 17-10-2008 10:28 PM

Blood, fish and bone is organic(ish). Growmore is full of chemicals. Depends whether you want to feed the plants or the soil. The latter is almost always a better course of action. If you improve the structure of your soil with manure, compost, leaf mould etc, you'll raise leaner, tougher healthier plants that won't need constant feeding.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 818788)