GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Flower ID (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/179148-flower-id.html)

Paul 12-10-2008 08:01 PM

Flower ID

Hi
I found two of these beautiful flowers growing on the allotment. Any
ideas?
Thanks for any feedback.
Paul.

http://bodhana.co.uk/images/wildflower01.jpg
--
Paul reply-to is valid

[email protected] 12-10-2008 09:27 PM

Flower ID

In article ,
Paul wrote:
Hi
I found two of these beautiful flowers growing on the allotment. Any
ideas?

Heartsease. Wild pansy.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Paul 12-10-2008 10:56 PM

Flower ID

In message ,
writes
In article ,
Paul wrote:
Hi
I found two of these beautiful flowers growing on the allotment. Any
ideas?

Heartsease. Wild pansy.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Thanks
--
Paul reply-to is valid

Stewart Robert Hinsley 13-10-2008 04:25 PM

Flower ID

In message , Paul
writes
Hi
I found two of these beautiful flowers growing on the allotment. Any
ideas?
Thanks for any feedback.
Paul.

http://bodhana.co.uk/images/wildflower01.jpg

One of the wild pansies; most likely identification is Viola tricolor.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Pam Moore 13-10-2008 08:45 PM

Flower ID

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 21:27:01 +0100 (BST), wrote:

In article ,
Paul wrote:
Hi
I found two of these beautiful flowers growing on the allotment. Any
ideas?

Heartsease. Wild pansy.

Also known as "Love in idleness". Don't know why!
Cherish it. I think they are more beautiful than those big blousy
bedding things!

Pam in Bristol

Paul 13-10-2008 11:19 PM

Flower ID

In message , Pam Moore
writes

Paul wrote:
Hi
I found two of these beautiful flowers growing on the allotment. Any
ideas?

Heartsease. Wild pansy.

Also known as "Love in idleness". Don't know why!
Cherish it. I think they are more beautiful than those big blousy
bedding things!

Pam in Bristol

Indeed I will cherish it. It is amazingly delicate and beautiful.
Paul.
--
Paul reply-to is valid

kris anthem um 14-10-2008 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 818809)
Hi
I found two of these beautiful flowers growing on the allotment. Any
ideas?
Thanks for any feedback.
Paul.

http://bodhana.co.uk/images/wildflower01.jpg
--
Paul reply-to is valid

Hi it is definetly a Viola tricolour sold in australia as Johnny Jump ups.