GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lupins and Hollyhocks (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/179284-lupins-hollyhocks.html)

Jeanne Stockdale 19-10-2008 11:13 AM

Lupins and Hollyhocks

I saved quite a lot of seed from this year's Lupins and Hollyhocks.

When should they be sown (under glass) - now and plant out in the spring or
should I save the seed until the spring. If the latter, then presumably I
won't get any flowers until the following year.

Jeanne

Sacha[_3_] 19-10-2008 02:51 PM

Lupins and Hollyhocks

On 19/10/08 11:13, in article , "Jeanne
Stockdale" wrote:

I saved quite a lot of seed from this year's Lupins and Hollyhocks.

When should they be sown (under glass) - now and plant out in the spring or
should I save the seed until the spring. If the latter, then presumably I
won't get any flowers until the following year.

Jeanne

You do know that these do not come true from seed and that what you saw
this year won't be what you'll get next year, perhaps? I've never had much
success with hollyhocks but AIUI they're pretty promiscuous!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com