Old 19-10-2008, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Too many potatoes

Hi All

I have ordered some free vivaldi potatoes for my three potatoe pots and am
contemplating ordering another three potatoes pots. Only thing is that they
ALSO come with potatoes and I wanted to use the pots for other crops.
Question I have is, if I dont find somewhere to grow them all, will I be
able to keep these potatoes in the fridge for planting out later in the
year? The varieties you get are Red Duke of York, Vivaldi and Charlottes.

Thank you
Donna

Old 19-10-2008, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Donna UK" wrote

I have ordered some free vivaldi potatoes for my three potato pots ...
Question I have is, if I dont find somewhere to grow them all, will I be
able to keep these potatoes in the fridge for planting out later...

Hi, Donna. I don't know the answer to your question, but do you have room
to grow your surplus potatoes in poly pots - basically, black plastic bags?
I've got great crops of spuds from these bags and I'm on my 3rd season using
them so they last a long time.

The bags are available from Kay's at:
http://www.kaysdiscountgarden.co.uk/...18;pid= 71744 .
BTW, I don't work for Kay's!

Regards,
Mel

Old 19-10-2008, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I should've mentioned that you can get them in a smaller quantity of 50.

http://www.kaysdiscountgarden.co.uk/...18;pid=7 1744