GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   bringing aloe vera indoors for winter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/179299-bringing-aloe-vera-indoors-winter.html)

Tom 19-10-2008 07:56 PM

bringing aloe vera indoors for winter

Hi, I bought an aloe vera a few months ago and it's done great outside.

I'm going to bring it indoors for winter - is there anything I should
know? I read on one web site I should acclimatise it to indoors by
bringing it in at nights only. Is this correct?

I don't want to leave it outside - the weather is pretty hostile where I
live. Lots of wind / rain / frost.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

Sacha[_3_] 19-10-2008 11:51 PM

bringing aloe vera indoors for winter

On 19/10/08 19:56, in article
net, "Tom"
wrote:

Hi, I bought an aloe vera a few months ago and it's done great outside.

I'm going to bring it indoors for winter - is there anything I should
know? I read on one web site I should acclimatise it to indoors by
bringing it in at nights only. Is this correct?

I don't want to leave it outside - the weather is pretty hostile where I
live. Lots of wind / rain / frost.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

If it's getting cold and wet wherever you are, bring it in, keep it
somewhere light and keep it dry and frost free but don't coddle it. I had
one on a boat I sailed on for 10 months straight and the poor thing survived
everything thrown at it, including being hurled to the cabin floor when
someone opened a hatch unexpectedly. It was inside the saloon in what
passed for a 'light window' and got watered about once a month, if that.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com