GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Asparagus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/179319-asparagus.html)

Pam Moore 20-10-2008 01:33 PM

Asparagus

I am moving to a smaller allotment and moving lots of things. I have
a small asparagus bed which was planted about 12 years ago. I had the
best crop ever last year.
Two questions:
Would it be worth trying to move a couple of the crowns or should I
get new ones?
How deep should asparagus crowns be planted? My originals were
seedlings so I've not planted crowns before.
TIA

Pam in Bristol

Emrys Davies[_2_] 20-10-2008 07:41 PM

Asparagus

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
I am moving to a smaller allotment and moving lots of things. I have
a small asparagus bed which was planted about 12 years ago. I had the
best crop ever last year.
Two questions:
Would it be worth trying to move a couple of the crowns or should I
get new ones?
How deep should asparagus crowns be planted? My originals were
seedlings so I've not planted crowns before.
TIA

Pam in Bristol

Good advice here Pam. http://tinyurl.com/666klq
http://tinyurl.com/6kemym I wish you well.

Regards,
Emrys Davies

Pam Moore 23-10-2008 11:12 AM

Asparagus

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 19:41:36 +0100, "Emrys Davies"
wrote:

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
.. .
I am moving to a smaller allotment and moving lots of things. I have
a small asparagus bed which was planted about 12 years ago. I had the
best crop ever last year.
Two questions:
Would it be worth trying to move a couple of the crowns or should I
get new ones?
How deep should asparagus crowns be planted? My originals were
seedlings so I've not planted crowns before.
TIA

Pam in Bristol

Good advice here Pam. http://tinyurl.com/666klq
http://tinyurl.com/6kemym I wish you well.

Regards,
Emrys Davies

Thanks for that excellent site, Emrys. Just what I needed.

Pam in Bristol