GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Snow in north London (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/179493-snow-north-london.html)

Paul 28-10-2008 11:45 PM

Snow in north London

Hi
Amazingly we have snow on the ground in London. The last time I remember
early snow in London was 1969 in early November! Just been for a walk in
the night with falling snow - beautiful. To return on topic, we
belatedly planted our over-wintering onions last Saturday, along with
some garlic. Hope the snow doesn't do them in.
Paul.
--
Paul reply-to is valid

Bob Hobden 29-10-2008 06:26 PM

Snow in north London

"Paul" wrote
Amazingly we have snow on the ground in London. The last time I remember
early snow in London was 1969 in early November! Just been for a walk in
the night with falling snow - beautiful. To return on topic, we belatedly
planted our over-wintering onions last Saturday, along with some garlic.
Hope the snow doesn't do them in.

The Garlic will be OK and so, probably, will the onions.
No snow here but when we went out early we saw quite a few cars covered in
snow and wondered how far they had come. It appears from not that far away
as later whilst travelling to Windlesham we notice the ground and trees in
shade were still covered in snow.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden