GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hoya troops! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/179504-hoya-troops.html)

Rusty_Hinge 29-10-2008 02:45 PM

Hoya troops!

Acquired a hoya cutting today, and have poked it into some moist gritty
compost.

Am I right?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 29-10-2008 03:58 PM

Hoya troops!

In article ,
says...
Acquired a hoya cutting today, and have poked it into some moist gritty
compost.

Am I right?

If the bit is big enough you should be fine it roots everwhere it touches
compost and will root between the tiles given half a chance!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Rusty_Hinge 29-10-2008 07:50 PM

Hoya troops!

The message
from Charlie Pridham contains these words:
In article ,
says...
Acquired a hoya cutting today, and have poked it into some moist gritty
compost.

Am I right?

If the bit is big enough you should be fine it roots everwhere it touches
compost and will root between the tiles given half a chance!

It had that sort-of fecund appearance, so I've left three inches of stem
in compost, as well as the node with the bottom-most pair of leaves just
under the surface.

Potted another 'cutting' I found on the pavement in St. Stevens in
Naaaardge. It was probably broken off by some vandal today. I'll put a
pic up sometime. No hurry, it should be around for a bit.

Assuming it was a vandalised bit, I'll take a pic of the whole
plant/creeper/bush/w.h.y?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig