GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Taxus baccata "Melfard" gold needles? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/179529-taxus-baccata-melfard-gold-needles.html)

Larry Gagnon 30-10-2008 08:54 PM

Taxus baccata "Melfard" gold needles?

We have a small hedge of Melfard Yew (Taxus baccata "Melfard") planted
September last year. We had lots of bright green new shoots this spring.
The plants are now producing lovely red berries but the new growth has
turned a golden colour, unlike what I thought should be deep green. Is
this normal or anything I should be concerned about?

Larry Gagnon

--
For direct email remove fake.

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 31-10-2008 11:17 AM

Taxus baccata "Melfard" gold needles?

In article op.ujuu0vq4aiss39@localhost,
says...
We have a small hedge of Melfard Yew (Taxus baccata "Melfard") planted
September last year. We had lots of bright green new shoots this spring.
The plants are now producing lovely red berries but the new growth has
turned a golden colour, unlike what I thought should be deep green. Is
this normal or anything I should be concerned about?

Larry Gagnon

I think the clue may be in the name :~)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall