Old 06-11-2008, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
gb gb is offline

Default Where can I get plant or seeds of Corylus Ferrox within UK/EEC

Any ideas ???
Old 06-11-2008, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"gb" wrote in message
Any ideas ???

B & S. Wynn-Jones,
Crug Farm Plants,
Griffith's Crossing, Caernarfon, Gwynedd LL55 1TU
tel: (01248) 670232
www.crug-farm.co.uk

HTH

someone

Old 07-11-2008, 12:39 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb View Post
Any ideas ???
http://www.rhs.org.uk/RHSPLANTFINDER...1=9&so=pf&mo=N
Old 07-11-2008, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , gb
writes
Any ideas ???

Google reports ..

Walnut Tree Garden Nursery - Shrubs Corylus avellana Hazel. Attractive
medium sized tree bearing long yellow catkins in late .... Lobed pink
flowers with dark brown and red seeds. Hardy. ...
www.wtgn.co.uk/html/shrubs.html

Thornhayes range of Ornamental Trees Corylus colurna, The Turkish
Hazel.A handsome large pyramidal tree with ... Crataegus monogyna
‘Ferox’, An unusual form with clusters of thorns at each node ...
www.thornhayes-nursery.co.uk/cat_ornamental.php - 130k

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 12-11-2008, 07:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
gb gb is offline

Sorry - What have they got to do with Corylus Ferox ??

Old 13-11-2008, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , gb
writes

Walnut Tree Garden Nursery - Shrubs Corylus avellana Hazel. Attractive
medium sized tree bearing long yellow catkins in late .... Lobed pink
flowers with dark brown and red seeds. Hardy. ...
www.wtgn.co.uk/html/shrubs.html

Thornhayes range of Ornamental Trees Corylus colurna, The Turkish
Hazel.A handsome large pyramidal tree with ... Crataegus monogyna
‘Ferox’, An unusual form with clusters of thorns at each node ...
www.thornhayes-nursery.co.uk/cat_ornamental.php - 130k

Oh bother I found a reference and clipped the wrong bits. Now I can't
find it again!

Janet
Old 16-11-2008, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I meant to say try the NCCPG national collections as well.
The two corylus ones are

Corylus Tree Hampshire Sir Harold Hillier Gardens
Corylus (Cobnuts/Filberts) Fruit Kent University Of Reading & Fast Ltd.

I'm sure they'd point you in the right direction.