GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rose transplanting (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/179659-rose-transplanting.html)

Corporal Jones 08-11-2008 05:17 PM

Rose transplanting

Doing a little revamp in the garden, I want to create a circular rose
bed in the centre of the lawn surrounding a sundial.
I have several rose plants a shaded border which I would like to use,
when would be the best time to transplant them?
--
Corporal Jones
"I don't like it up me"

PK[_3_] 08-11-2008 05:21 PM

Rose transplanting

"Corporal Jones" wrote in message

Doing a little revamp in the garden, I want to create a circular rose bed
in the centre of the lawn surrounding a sundial.
I have several rose plants a shaded border which I would like to use, when
would be the best time to transplant them?
--
Corporal Jones
"I don't like it up me"

When the plants are completely dormant - depends where you are for
that...... maybe mid November to march?

pk

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 08-11-2008 05:54 PM

Rose transplanting

In article ,
says...

Doing a little revamp in the garden, I want to create a circular rose
bed in the centre of the lawn surrounding a sundial.
I have several rose plants a shaded border which I would like to use,
when would be the best time to transplant them?

Once they have had some cold on them any time in winter is fine (cut them
well back)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk